2007 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Oct 122014

Vehicle has stopped running going down the road several times. It does this unexpectedly, and I let it coast to the shoulder and it cranks up. I drove it to the local dealer, and they could not find a problem. It now sits in my driveway, because it is unsafe to drive it in traffic. I never intend to buy another Ford.

- Keysville, GA, USA

Feb 112015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Over the past six weeks, I have encountered three events in which my vehicle was accelerating while I had my foot on the brake. The first time, the truck was attempting to pull forward, vibrating, and revving the engine while I was stopped at a light.I thought it was a fluke or an error on my part and disregarded it. The second and third time, I was trying to slow down for the light with vehicles ahead of me. Instead of stopping as I was depressing the brake, the engine began to rev and pull forward. I depressed my brakes to floor and the truck stopped but the engine continued to rev and attempt to pull forward with the brake on. Ford company and my dealership, of course, denied any problems even after I cited several cases in which this occurred with other cars. They said sometimes sensors go out and they should not be responsible for it but were happy to do a diagnosis for $100. I see several complaints regarding the electronic throttle control systems compared to the new brake override systems and am totally unnerved that Ford will not take responsibility for this. I am concerned about driving the truck with only 45,000 miles on it. I fear that any moment, my truck is going to accelerate into another vehicle while my foot is on the brake. I will never buy a Ford again--a total disregard for consumer safety.

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

Jul 282014

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle skidded across the road into a ditch when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle then flipped over upside down. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact injured her right leg and received medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to the contact's residence. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Marksville, LA, USA

Mar 202014

F-150 8-cyl

When I started my engine it backfired. From that point on I had to press extremely hard on the brake pedal just to slow down and eventually to stop. In an emergency situation it would without a doubt have resulted in an accident. The incident is exactly as indicated in the recall NHTSA campaign number: 08V208000 (Ford recall #08S05) for the same vehicle, except model year 2005 and 2006. When I contacted Ford I was told that the vehicle was manufactured in August of 2006, but that it was not covered under this recall.

- Erie, PA, USA

May 032013

F-150 8-cyl

The vehicle gear shift can be moved at anytime without depressing the brake or the release button both when driving at 60 mph or the vehicle is parked in my yard. Easily a child can move the vehicle into gear and start it rolling or bring it to a dead stop while driving on the highway by just bumping into it. I contacted Ford and they were unwilling to help with this obvious safety issue. Which will now cost me over $800 to fix. This amount seems excessive and I fear will keep many people who experience this dangerous problem from fixing it because the vehicle otherwise performs fine. I have contacted salvage companies who have stated that their price on this part is what it is because they can sell these parts all day indicating that this is a common problem. Ford will not recognize the defect in the vehicle. How long should a shifter lever last? I'm 48 yrs old, I have owned many vehicles some with many more miles than this one and I have never had an issue with this part. Hopefully you can persuade the Ford Motor Company to do the right thing and stand behind their products and institute a recall for this part.

- Gilford, NH, USA

Feb 072013

F-150 8-cyl

The front brake rotors warped for the second time. The first time was at approximately 49K miles. Thirty-three thousand miles later they are warped again. The first time they had to be completely replaced. They were warped too bad to machine them. This time, the right front rotor had to be turned four times by the dealership to get the warping out. The others only one turn. There seems to be a design flaw in the braking system for multiple years of Ford F-150 trucks. The system was completely redesigned for model year 2009 and the problem seems to be gone. Unfortunately, I believe the design is also connected with the brake pedal and accelerator pedal problem reported also to the NHTSA for this year (2007) model F-150. Unfortunately, because it is classified as a braking problem, the warranties (factory and extended) do not cover the expense of machining or replacing the rotors. This can be several hundred dollars expense to the vehicle owner when it appears to be a design problem that should be handled by the factory thru a recall. Fortunately, my dealership has worked with me so far to help handle the expense. For customer satisfaction reasons, they did not charge me this last time as they realize rotors, under normal driving, should not have to be replaced or machined within 30K miles, especially when there is hardly any brake pad wear.

Oct 112010

F-150 8-cyl

I returned my Ford F-150 to the dealership for the third time to correct the problem with the brake pedal traveling past the accelerator pedal during normal braking. Ford is not recognizing the problem and the dealership sales manager acknowledges he has replicated the problem intermittently; however, because Ford refuses to acknowledge the problem there is nothing they can do. I have seen this problem reported in other cases on the NHTSA website, and I believe it is time for NHTSA to investigate before deaths are reported from braking/accelerating through stop signs/lights and hitting or being hit by someone. I believe the problem is somehow also related to the front brake rotors warping within a short period of time (20K - 30K miles).

Aug 112010

F-150 8-cyl

After replacing the front brake rotors and brake pads during 8/07/10 - 8/10/10 to try and alleviate a problem with the brake pedal traveling past the accelerator when braking (normal braking), I had to return to the dealership with the same problem. It is a safety issue as I cannot allow anyone else to drive the truck who is not familiar with the problem. The dealership kept the vehicle from 8/11/10 through 8/25/10 with the service manager driving it every day to and from work to see if the problem could be replicated. The service manager said he noticed the same problem with the brake pedal going past the accelerator with normal braking; however, did not happen everytime. I agreed with that. After the service manager called the factory representative to discuss the problem, the factory representative said there is not a known problem and the braking system was within specifications. I was told by my dealership that Ford does not recognize the problem and they could not resolve the issue for me. It appears to be a design problem, as I drove several 2007 and 2008 F-150's that the dealership had on the lot. Each one of them had the problem I noted above. The 2009 F-150 does not have the braking problem I found out when I test drove one. The service manager at my dealership told me that the entire braking system was re-designed for the 2009 model year.

Aug 072010

F-150 8-cyl

When applying the brake, the pedal travels below the accelerator causing the foot to press on the brake and accelerator at the same time. On multiple occasions, I have run through stop lights/signs trying to come to a stop, and on occasion have almost hit other vehicles. Another time, I was behind the truck guiding someone in the truck while backing up. Not being familiar with the truck, when the brake pedal travelled pase the accelerator, his foot caused both to be depressed at the same time almost running over me before jumping out of the way just in time. This continues to happen and related to the problem I believe is the front rotors keep warping. The rotors were replaced at this incident time because the Ford dealership thought that might be the issue. It did not correct the issue and they only charged my half-price.