2007 Ford F-150 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jun 132012

F-150 8-cyl

Vehicle shakes at low speed violently. Did research on the web this is a common problem with Ford trucks. Stories of getting the run around from the dealer for shaking new truck to expensive repairs that didn't remedy the problem. I'm a family man with 6 kids and limited means which means I will attempt to fix this myself because I can't afford a pro-tech to tell me the shaking is normal for Ford trucks as in the stories posted all over web dating back several years. I'm still paying for my truck for about another year $647 a month bought it new in 07 zero down which it seems that I will end up with zero. Wife and kids can't ride in the truck until I fix it because she has done something in one day that it seems is taking you guys several years to do. She deemed our family car unsafe and dangerous. Oh well I suppose there might be a certain amount a people that have to die first before this Agency acts. I remember the roll over tire thing. Lets hope I'm not one of them because that would leave my wife on the hook for rest of the truck payments she's a great stay at home mother but that's not gonna pay off this truck mc shaky. I bet that last part made you smile.wish me luck and do your job. I gotta go try to do mine.

- Barrigada, GU, USA

Apr 232012

F-150 8-cyl

While driving at a 15 mph (1000 rpms) truck would knock and try to stall when coming to a stop and almost cause an accident. I would have to press the gas pedal to kept it from stalling or put into neutral and press the gas to keep it from stalling. Took it to Ford dealership on 4/24/2007 and they said that the cam phasers were the problem of my engine trying to stall. As I did my research online this seems to be a big problem with the 5.4L 3 valve engines from Ford.

- Newport News , VA, USA

Mar 052012

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that sporadically, the gear shifter could not be moved out of park. The contact noticed aluminum shavings around the gear shifter and took the vehicle to the dealer. The dealer advised that the gear shifter would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was not contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unavailable and the current mileage was 87,000.

- North Port, FL, USA

Mar 162012

F-150 8-cyl

2007 F 150 king ranch spark plugs break when removing them (Ford cheap spark plug system). The truck also pull/tugs like if your transmission is missing however, I've been to the dealer multiple times for ignition coil issues. They said I need to change spark plugs. These spark plugs Ford said was to last 100,000 miles.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 312011

F-150 6-cyl

Vehicle was purchased used from local Ford dealer 10 months prior (75,000 miles), and was a dealer maintained vehicle. I drove vehicle 3,000 miles since purchase. While driving at 20 mph, I experienced sudden and severe vibration making the vehicle difficult to control. I was able to pull vehicle to side of road but could not move vehicle > 1 mph without severe vibration. Problem was from complete failure of drive shaft center support bearing. There were no previous indications of impending failure. The failure was sudden, unexpected and complete. I have safety concerns about vehicle controllability should a bearing failure occur at highway speed. In addition the bearing is located in close proximity to the fuel tank. Shattered bearing parts could potentially penetrate the fuel tank. The bearing is a non-serviceable part and the entire driveshaft must be purchased at a cost of $1,000, making bearing change prior to failure highly unlikely.

- Franklin, MA, USA

Dec 212009

F-150

Pickup would not stop at stop sign with the brake on. The rear wheels were spinning with the brakes on firmly. This has now happened twice and both times I threw the transmission into neutral to stop the malfunction..

- Princeton, IA, USA

Apr 172009

F-150

I have had three incidents of the engine surging/revving when in a stopped position engaged in drive gear and another one while in reverse. Each time I stepped on the brake with both feet to try to keep the vehicle from moving but it continued to lunge ahead anyway. I took it into the dealer. They said Ford had a fail-safe built in--that I was not in danger but they reprogrammed it with a computer. Seemed ok for awhile. Last night it happened again but reverse while I was backing up in a parking lot. I even had skid marks trying to stop it this time. Also, the transmission pauses/coasts before engaging into the next gear. I have an appointment to take it in for service, but I am concerned about the risks of having a collision, damaging property, or hurting someone--including myself if I end up hitting something. So far, when it has occurred, I was fortunate not to be in heavy traffic or tight quarters! I hope this can be remedied once and for all.

- Saint Johns, MI, USA

Apr 172009

F-150

I have had three incidents of the engine surging/revving when in a stopped position engaged in drive gear and another one while in reverse. Each time I stepped on the brake with both feet to try to keep the vehicle from moving but it continued to lunge ahead anyway. I took it into the dealer and they reprogrammed with a computer which was good for about a month. Last night it happened again but in reverse while I was backing up in a parking lot. I even had skid marks trying to stop it when this happened in reverse. Also, the transmission pauses/coasts before engaging into the next gear. I have an appointment to take it in for service, but I am concerned about the risks of having a collision, damaging property, or hurting someone--including myself if I end up hitting something. So far, when it has occurred, I was fortunate not to be in heavy traffic or tight quarters! thanks

- Saint Johns, MI, USA

Aug 122008

F-150

Pulling into the driveway of my home, the vehicle surged forward. I pushed on the brake pedal with both feet as hard as I could, but the vehicle continued to accelerate. The front tires locked, leaving skid marks on the concrete. The vehicle crashed into the front wall of the garage, breaking the wall, before stopping. My wife was standing in the garage at the time and witnessed the event.

- Las Cruces, NM, USA

Aug 022008

F-150

I have a Ford F-150 4X4 super crew that is making a roaring/grinding sound from the front end. It only does this occasionally. Prior to stopping the sound will stop and the transfer case will make an engaging sound as though the four wheel drive is attempting to engage. I took it to the local dealership and they could not make the problem reoccur. I have a friend with an '04 F-150 4X4 and his is doing the same thing.

- Ackerman, MS, USA

Oct 012007

F-150 6-cyl

After reading similar issues on mycarstats.com, I figured I should enter mine too. Engine would suddenly race at very high RPM. My vehicle is a standard so I was able to negate acceleration by depressing clutch. This happened twice within 1 month period. The second time I took it to the dealer they indicated they were going to update chip with latest upgrade. When I picked up vehicle, I was informed that my vehicle had the latest upgrade and no action was taken. There has not been a repeat of this since though.

- Deerfield, NH, USA