2007 Ford F-150 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-150:

2007 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jun 132016

F-150

Takata recall.engine has very bad power loss and shakes vigouresly when warm and pulling up to stop or reverse.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jun 062016

F-150

I was in an accident in my 2007 F150 and ended hitting a telephone pole head on and my airbag did not come out why didnt it because I totaled the truck even the police was like me why I didnt come out

- Viper, KY, USA

Dec 092014

F-150 8-cyl

I was stopped at a stop sign and the other driver ran a stop sign at 55 mph and hit me on the passenger side front fender and my air bags never went off. I have had to go to the hospital with hurt shoulder and back and bruised kidneys fractured ribs and bruised liver and my organs swollen and a displaced hip. I am still trying to recover from the major soft tissue damage and the truck was a total loss.

- Stroud, OK, USA

Jan 042015

F-150

The contact owned a 2007 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 99 mph, the vehicle struck an embankment and rolled over two and a half times. The air bags did not deploy. The driver was wearing a seat belt; however, he was ejected from the vehicle through the rear driver side window. The driver sustained fatal injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 64,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Huffman, TX, USA

Oct 102013

F-150

Son was in an accident, on the freeway, truck was hit frontend major damage frontend was "V" shape in accident to include both sides and thrown approx: 200+ one of the airbag sensors in located at radiator airbags did not deploy, Ford said there was a warning prior to accident which is not true if there was a flashing fault light going off I assured them I would of have taken vehicle to dealership asap.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Sep 272014

F-150 8-cyl

On 9-26-14 the airbag light came on then went off after 10-15 minutes. I drove the vehicle approximately 10 miles on 9-26. At 1pm on 9-27 I started the truck and within 5-10 seconds the airbag exploded. The vehicle was still in park as I was opening mail before leaving. I was not seriously injured but had a sore right shoulder most of the day. Ford is telling me I have to pay for a new airbag as they are only guaranteed for 5 years. My truck has never been in an accident, purchased it new in 2007 and it just turned 41000. This is a major hazard as I had no warning of deployment, only my airbag light went on. I told Ford of I had to pay for the airbag then I wanted all parts removed. Ford is going to call me on 9-29-30.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jul 282014

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle skidded across the road into a ditch when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle then flipped over upside down. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact injured her right leg and received medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to the contact's residence. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000.

- Marksville, LA, USA

Sep 152011

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the air bag code- 16 warning message intermittently flashed. The vehicle was inspected by a mechanic, who diagnosed that the passenger side occupancy seat switch failed. As a result, the entire seat would need replacing. The contact stated that the repair was the manufacture was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000 and the current mileage was 75,000.

- Attleboro, MA, USA

Dec 092013

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while traveling various speeds, the contact lost control of the vehicle due to ice on the highway and flipped the vehicle several times. Upon impact, the air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was destroyed. There were no injuries. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 65,000.

- Jamestown, NY, USA

Dec 082012

F-150 8-cyl

On my 2007 Ford F 150 sport I was involved in a crash. I struck a light pole on the side of the interstate on the right front bumper and the right front panel. After hitting the pole, I went down a hill and hit trees from there. It did more damage to the front of my truck yet still nothing from the airbags. It was enough force to crush the hood, and the entire right panel. The airbags didn't deploy and 1 person was seriously injured. From what I am reading, it take 18-20 lbs of pressure to have them deploy. It was for sure enough force to have them deploy and according to officers at the scene, no one can understand as to why they never deployed" I would really like to get an answer on this, and would like to know if Ford ever recalled this issue" I also have pictures of the accident. Thank you!

- Knoxville , TN, USA

Jan 172011

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F150. The contact was driving approximately 40 mph when the vehicle crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact stated that the front driver and passenger side seat belts did not restrain the driver and passenger. In addition, the air bags did not deploy and the contact struck his head on the windshield. As a result, he suffered a concussion and developed post concussion syndrome. The contact also suffered injuries to his back. The contact was able to drive the vehicle from the scene of the crash and the vehicle was taken to a collision center where the body damage was repaired. The vehicle was then taken to the dealer where the technician stated that the seat belt modules were faulty. The dealer did not inform the contact if there was a failure within the air bags. The vehicle was left with the dealer and was undergoing further inspection. The technician also stated that the manufacturer would not assist with the cost of repairs. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 42,500.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Jan 182011

F-150

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F150. The contact noticed that the air bag warning light was illuminated while the vehicle was parked. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technicians stated that the cable in the steering column that connected to the air bag sensor in the steering wheel would need to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The dealer informed the contact there was a recall for the air bags which did not include his year, make and model but the prior year only. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Jun 182010

F-150

I owned a 2003 and 2007 Ford F-150 supercrew the 2003 car was rearended at 40 miles per hour and no air bag deployed. The 2007 was involved in accident frontend at 60 miles per hour and the air bag did not deploy as well.

- Vista, CA, USA

Dec 012007

F-150

Passenger seat air bag turns off. Occasional problem, has become constant problem. Wife weighs 100 lb+. never had this problem with any other car, do not have the problem with our 09, smart car. One dealer said she doesn't weigh enough, another said, bag will still deploy but not as hard. Think it is a sensor in the seat, when the light says bag off, means no protection, and it will not deploy. Happens intermittently, some times re connecting the seat belt corrects it but only for a while. Just completed 3,000 mile trip across country, bag off light was on most of the time. Didn't seem to matter how the wife positioned her self, this is not a weight/size issue, but a failure of a safety device. Is it an '07' issue?

- Monticello, UT, USA