2008 Ford F-150 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-150:

2008 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jan 012009

The accelerator and brake are so close together on my 2008 Ford F150 that I have on occasion accidentally pressed both the accelerator and brake pedals at the same time while braking. The first time it happened I did not know what was happening. The engine was revving up as I was applying the brake, so I applied the brake harder and the engine continued to rev higher until the truck lurched forward. This caught me by surprise and my foot came off the brake and the engine revved down. I realized that my foot had been on the accelerator the same time it was on the brake. Since that first time, I know that if the engine starts revving while I am applying the brake that I have my foot on both and can angle my foot to the left to remove it from the accelerator while still keeping my foot on the brake. Even so, one time I just missed hitting the car in front of me while "stopping". this seems to me to be a dangerous design. When the engine begins revving for "no apparent reason" one tends to panic and steps harder on the brake which makes the problem worse. I think there needs to be a recall on this problem.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Jul 262009

2008 brand new F150 truck - 5,000 miles and the starter wouldn't engage the flywheel.. starter gear shaft sheared completely through. The mechanics at vista Ford/woodland hills were baffled by this. The starter gear shaft sheared completely through and the engine was not seized so there is no reason for that to happen. This was not the case as the mechanics checked the teeth in the flywheel and turned it by hand they were able to inspect the flywheel and found every tooth to be perfectly in tact and the teeth on the starter gear itself were also perfectly in tact. The only damage was to the starting gear shaft but now I am very concerned for safety and what caused it?

- Canoga Park, CA, USA