4.2

2008 Ford F-150 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-150:

2008 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 012008

F-150

The problem began when I took my truck into the service department on July 28, 2008 for a radio problem. The mileage on the truck was 27,371 at that time I took the service advisors recommendation and had a 30,000 mile service performed. Since that time my truck has had a gasoline odor. This fuel odor originates in the engine compartment and comes into the cab through the A/C vents. This gas odor has been acknowledged by a service technician, the service advisor and the service manager. I have taken the vehicle in 4 times (8/12/08, 8/15/08, 9/2/08, and 9/11/08) during these repair attempts I have been without the vehicle for well over 30 days. This problem creates a serious safety hazard; I am concerned that the fuel vapors will cause a fire and explosion.

- San Juan, TX, USA