2008 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-150:

2008 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Mar 122016

F-150

Wife is at the ncha eastern national finals in jackson, Ms. This is a big horse even which brings in a lot of Ford F350, 450, and 550 to the show. People spend a lot of money on these vehicles over 60,000 dollars. This vehicle being as nice as it is, has a major design flaw. They are too easy to break into. Horse show is from March 7 - 19. As of March 13, 2016 in jackson, Ms. There have been over 300 Ford F series pickup trucks broken into by way of the door handle on the drive side. The thiefs either take a screw drive and pry the plastic door handle off and have access to the inside the door and unlock. Or they drill right below the plastic and upward to hit the mechanical device that unlocks the door and they are in. Less than a minute for them to gain access. They can do the same thing to the rear door by prying the plastic off and access the inside. Ford needs to redesign this and get rid of the cheap plastic door handles. Need to issue a recall for all Ford F series pickups and install jimmie jammers so thieves cannot access the device to unlock the door. With the jimmie jammer, you can not use a flathead screw driver in the keylock and turn it to force it to unlock. In fact, Ford just needs to get rid of the keylock all together. You have two ways of unlocking the doors. Keypad or keyfob. Why do you need to door lock.

- Warrenton, VA, USA

Jun 182011

F-150 8-cyl

This weekend we heard a loud pop under the hood followed by a loud ticking sound while driving on the freeway. We pulled over and waited for a tow truck to take our car to the dealership where it was examined today. We learned that this common issue in Ford F150 trucks will cost approximately $1000 (low end) to $3500 (high end) to fix. A spark plug simply "popped out", tearing up the threads in the cylinder, causing the dealer to recommend cylinder head replacement. There is something else that can be a less expensive fix to the problem, but Ford does not guarantee that fix. My vehicle is 3 years old and has 70K miles on it. We are very meticulous about the maintenance on our vehicle and as the dealership explained, this is a defect in this engine design and not something that we could have done to prevent the problem. They recommend a tune up to replace all spark plugs because of this issue. My warranty has expired and I do not have an extended warranty. After driving my last Ford F150 for 200K miles with no issues, I have a difficult time paying $4,000 when it is all said and done on a vehicle that I am still making payments on that is only 3 years old.

- Highland Village, TX, USA

Dec 162010

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Due to the close proximity of the gas and brake pedal and the low sink when pressing the brake pedal it is very easy to press the gas pedal when pressing the brake pedal. I have asked Ford to look into this matter and the potential safety issue and they will not. I feel that this matter deserves immediate attention and should be reviewed by outside agencies to see if there is in fact the need for a recall and a redesign.

- New Fairfield Ct, CT, USA

Nov 162009

F-150

08 Ford truck 150 truck. One episode of the truck suddenly accelerating and run into my barn. The truck was stopped by hitting the barn and getting stuck in a ditch. I have had this type acceleration on 3 additional episodes. The dealor and Ford say thereis no problem. No injures have occured up to this time.

- Farmington, MO, USA

Aug 032008

F-150

I have a 2008 F150 pickup with 348 miles. This has happened 3 times already. I put my foot on the brake to shift from park to either reverse or drive and the engine revs and the car lurches. All times, I've been able to put quickly into park then turn off the engine to fix the problem. When the car is restarted, the engine is running normally. One of the three times, it happened with my husband driving. I can't be sure I believe it's because the brake pedal and gas pedal are close enough together that my foot touches the gas when braking. The first time I had shoes on and don't know. The second time was with bare feet and I felt the right side of my foot touch the gas. My husband can't comment on the third time. I measured and my Honda civic brake/gas distance is 2.75". the truck distance is 2 3/8". I called the dealership twice and they claim there's nothing they can do. I know I'm going to run somebody over or get in an accident some day and this will be to blame. I'm afraid to drive the truck. I've had it over a month and am still on the first tank of gas. I'm really glad I kept my Honda civic.

- Plymouth, MI, USA