2009 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford F-150:

2009 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Feb 172016

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the brakes felt abnormal. When the brake pedal was depressed, it almost traveled to the floor. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the failure could not be diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 70,000. Consumer no longer own this vehicle. Updated 05/03/16

- Indiana, PA, USA

Mar 012016

While entering interstate I-10, early morning traffic. Traffic moving at 20 - 25 mph. Engine made a series of revving noises. Tried to apply breaks to merge over. Break peddle would not activate. Stuck in up position. I applied both feet and pressed full pressure. Would not go down. Would not stop. Rolled into the back of the vehicle in front of me. Fortunately I was only moving about 20 mph and no one was hurt. I would not drive the truck and had it towed. Dealer not able to determine issue.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Feb 282016

While driving at approximately 30 mph a rear wheel locked up causing the truck to turn to one side. Travelling a little further it happened again. I turned the truck around and headed back to my house. Two or three times again a rear wheel locked up causing a lack of control. If I was at highway speed, the vehicle would have caused an accident as the condition would cause the truck to go sideways.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA

Mar 102015

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-150. While driving at an unknown speed, the ABS module light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the ABS module was defective. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 48,000.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

May 042015

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-150. While driving at an unknown speed, the ABS warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the computer that runs the brake system needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired due to the part not being available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 19,000.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jul 102012

F-150 8-cyl

I wa traveling on I-20 East traveling from vicksburg, ms heading to atlanta, ga. I had been using the cruise control consistently for about 3 hours. I also was using the accelerate & decelerate buttons on the steering column. I approached a slight curve in birmingham, al with the cruise control locked in at 60 mph, when all of a sudden the vehicle accelerated full throttle. I applied foot pressure to the brake, but the vehicle would not slow down. It continued to accelerate to about 85 mph. I then somewhat raised up in the seat to apply all the foot pressure I could to the brake. It slowed down slightly. When I took my foot off the brake, it began to speed up again. Next I fumbled with the cruise control buttons to see if they were stuck. The vehicle continued to accelerate. Finally, I moved the gear shift to neutral & the vehicle began to slow down. When I put the vehicle back in drive, everything appeared to be normal. Needless to say, I did not use the cruise control anymore. Thank god, we survived!

- Ellenwood, GA, USA