2009 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford F-150:

2009 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jan 072017

F-150

As I was backing the truck into the garage, with my foot on the brake because my driveway has an decline, the truck took off. In other words unintended accerlation. The engine rpms went very high and the truck went very fast in reverse hitting my garage wall and my father who unfortunately was in the way. Once the truck took off I desperately tried pushing on the brakes and slamming the truck into park but the truck didn't stop until it hit the garage wall. My father suffered a broken leg but was inches away from being killed. The tire tracks on the garage floor showed drag marks as if the front wheels had locked up as the back wheels sped up. This was a horrifying experience and needs to be looked into why Ford vehicles are doing this. There is no way my foot was on the acceleration, although this is what the manufacture is going to claim.

- Bloomer, WI, USA

Jul 192009

F-150 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-150. During rainy conditions, the instrument panel lights fail to illuminate. The failure prevents the driver from viewing the speedometer. The contact also noticed that the instrument panel lights would only illuminate at a specific range of darkness outside. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and they stated that the sensor needed to be adjusted. The current and failure mileages were 600. Updated 08/28/09 the consumer stated there was a sensor on top of the dash, that didn't sense enough darkness to allow the headlights to come on. Updated 08/31/09.

- Westerville, OH, USA