2009 Ford F-150 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford F-150:

2009 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 292010

While on vacation my 13 year old granddaughter was lying down and had her seat belt around her when she sat up the belt became locked and we were unable to release it. I tried to get it to release but it tightened even more. My husband therefore had to cut the seatbelt to get her out as it had tighten to the point that her stomach was squeezed so tight it was making her cry. I thought at first it was because she had been lying down. Now the other scenario is on August 12, 2010 my seat belt was becoming uncomfortable so I went to pull it down, it locked and I had to unhook it to get it to release and that took several tries. I have not fixed the seat belt. I am also reporting this in case another person should have a similar experience. The vehicle is a 2009 Ford F 150. For the record this was two different incidents. My granddaughter was July 29 and mine was August 12.

- Charlestown, IN, USA

Nov 012009

The design of the shoulder belt in the rear outboard seats on the 2009 Ford F150 supercrew is flawed. My wife is 5' 1" tall and the shoulder belt cuts across her neck at a position that if we were in an accident it would definitely injure her neck. The belt is anchored too high on the side pillar of the truck to allow anyone less than about 5'4 to sit comfortably with it on. I have digital photos of my wife sitting the rear seat with the shoulder belt as it fits on her. If you wish I will send them on as I see no way to attach the photos to this form. In Texas the law now requires all riders to have the belts fastened. Yet my wife must put the shoulder belt behind her to avoid injury or just for comfort sake.

- Boerne, TX, USA