2009 Ford F-150 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford F-150:

2009 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 232016

Michelin had a safety recall for dot B99Y 56ex 3812-2113 of its ltx M/S P275/55R20 111T for "affected tires could have partial or full sidewall perforations that could cause them to experience loss of air pressure ' I purchased the ltx M/S P275/55R20 dot B79Y 56ex 1913 made in the same time frame for my 2009 Ford F-150 on 06/08/2013. On August 23, 2016, while on a 70mph highway, I suffered a blowout. The entire anterior sidewall was affected with many chunks of the tire missing, while the interior sidewall was totally unaffected. I am careful with my tire pressures and rotation. None of the tires show uneven or odd wear. I don't believe I ran over anything. I have all four tires in my possession and available for inspection. I think Michelin has a greater problem than the dot range of their voluntary recall. I think the dot needs to be aware of this so that if this proves to be a more widespread problem, Michelin can be required to recall all affected tires.

- Waukesha, WI, USA

May 042016

The side wall of tires with approximately 30,000 miles and 4 years old are pealing off. I purchased 4 tires when the vehicle had a little over 30000 miles. 2 were ok. The other 2 the sidewall pealed off in chunks. I have pictures of the tires.Michelin offered 65% discount on new tires a year ago. 11 months and 10,000 miles later they offered only a 22% discount. They indicated I used up 43% of the tire life in 11 months and 10,000 miles.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Apr 052016

Employee went in for an oil change and the shop found a 3 inch crack in the side wall of front left tire.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 242015

I took my 2009 Ford F-150 into les schwab for a tire rotation and they pointed out that all four of my hankook dynapro atm LT285/55-20 RF10 tires with dot # T7vwrfh4510 have approx. 1-1 1/2" cracks around the entire tire where the tread meets the sidewall. The tires have approximately 28,000 miles on them and still have aggressive tread life. Les schwab recommended replacing and did not have an answer as to why/how this occurred.

- Tigard, OR, USA

Feb 182014

F-150 8-cyl

Michelin tires cracking in the treads on all tires. Michelin not following their published warranty in pro-rating for adjustment. Tires with 58 to 67% tread left and Michelin reluctantly agreed to a 35% adjustment. Dealer and customer were told "if the crack cannot be spread open and see lining, it is a cosmetic crack".

- Council Bluffs, IA, USA

Aug 212013

F-150 8-cyl

Kuhmo road ventura tire blew while driving in a neighborhood less than 25 miles per hour. Tire sidewall blew out creating a huge open hole in the tire saw other complaints online about the same tire and pictures looked the same.

- Auburn, AL, USA

Apr 072010

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 30 mph he slightly turned the steering wheel and the vehicle began to drastically veer towards the direction in which he slightly turned the wheel. The failure continued to recur; therefore, the vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer 5 times where he had the front end aligned. Since the failure continued to recur, the tire manufacturer stated that the tires on the vehicle were passenger vehicle tires instead of truck tires. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 15,000 and the current mileage was 36,000.

- Groesbeck, TX, USA

Oct 062009

Vibration felt in feet seat and is noticable in items within the cab of the vehicle. Vehicle has had tires replaced, driveline balanced. Ford dealership says the vehcile has an "inherent vibration" and there is nothing they can do. I wonder if this a safety concern"? why does it vibrate and will something brake" I believe the "inherent vibration" is a defect.

- Benton, KY, USA

Jul 232009

Tire blowout brand: Hankook model: Dynapro as made: Korea dot: T79C pjnh 4008 I have had multiple problems with these tires, while driving home my front tire blew out on my 2009 Ford F150 truck causing me to hit the side median which then caused my trailer tire to blow out and bent my trailer tires rim as well. When this incident occurred my truck only had a little over 3000 miles on it. I took it to my Ford dealer and they argued that some one cut it. When I took it to another tire shop before they even looked at it they said that the rim on the tire had caused the cut. And it indeed was Ford fault. I replaced the tire and bought a new one from discount tire. Same brand same model so it would match. Today on Jan 14 2010 I took my truck in for an oil change and tire rotation, when they rotated my tires the new tire I bought had a massive ball on the inside of it. The new tire only had 3000 miles of wear. These tires are the stock tires that Ford has been using on their F-150 series since 2007 and probably longer. I had a set of these tires on my 2007 F-150 and at 9000 miles they started forming balls on the tires, and the front tires began to cup outward. Both trucks I have purchased from spikes Ford in mission Texas. When I purchased my vehicles they came with tire road hazard warranty when I took it to Ford they told me it was my problem and would not cover anything. In my opinion these problems on two separate vehicles two years apart are a Firestone hazard in the making. I like Ford vehicles but when someone starts putting my life and others in danger I cant tolerate that. I know that if this incident has occurred to me multiple times with two different F-150S from two different years it has occurred to others as well.

- Edinburg, TX, USA