2010 Ford F-150 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Ford F-150:

2010 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jan 192014

F-150 8-cyl

2010 Ford F150 supercrew power rear sliding window pass side only, cracking upon turning on rear defroster after a few minutes. Temperature 15 degrees within a few minutes of leaving a store parking lot and now driving down the highway a few miles I heard a loud bang ( many others posted say it sounds like a 22 caliber shot gun ) I looked around and saw the rear pass sliding window shattered but still intact. This is the first time I had to use the rear defroster as it was snowing sleeting outside. I have had this truck for 2 years and never had to use it. Now when I get home I decide to google search this and couldn't believe how common this is. Turn out there is a problem and Ford will not make it right unless you are very lucky and persistent. The heating element gets so hot that it shatters the glass. They claim glass is not covered. Its not the glass, its the heating element. I called 3 local dealers today and 2 of the three said they knew about this but Ford wont offer compensation. I was told to call the insurance and file a claim. I also called Ford customer care center and told them what I had learned and it was all over the Ford forums and the internet. Same scenario for all of us. I am just glad that I didn't have a child in the rear pass seat and had this happen or had the glass shatter all over the child. So now I have to pay a $500 deductible and file a claim with my insurance carrier. Worse yet I was told today that no windows were available for 10 days. Hmm makes you wonder why?

- Waterford, WI, USA

Jul 302013

On a ~50 degree morning, I turned on my rear defrost when my rear window (passenger side) shattered about 5 minutes after I turned it on. This is a 3 piece window as the middle is a slider on the pickup, only the passenger side broke. I was driving with no other cars around as there must be a short or faulty wiring in the rear defrost. This was not covered under warranty by Ford and seems to be a common problem.

- Sussex, WI, USA

Mar 282013

F-150 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Ford F-150. The contact stated that while driving approximately 20 mph with the rear defroster activated, he noticed smoke coming from the rear passenger's side window. After coming to a stop and inspecting the vehicle, he noticed there was a small hole burned through the window. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the power window would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 42,000.

- Des Moines, IA, USA

Feb 282013

I was driving and the rear window popped, smelled like an electrical fire. Truck is still at the shop they cannot id the issue I fear that if only the glass is replaced that this issue will reoccur.

- Dagsboro, DE, USA

Jul 062010

My driver's side window make a loud noise and abruptly fell while driving yesterday. This is on my 2004 Ford F-150 crew cab. It is quite a distraction when this happens while driving down a highway in the midst of rush hour traffic.

- Ozark, MO, USA