2011 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-150:

2011 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 012011

Water in passenger side floor board, air conditioner is draining inside the cab. The drain is not plugged.

- Yukon, OK, USA

Sep 072015

While traveling the vehicle unexpectedly puts itself into park. The vehicle then locks up the breaks and skids across the road. After skidding the vehicle's throttle does not work and the vehicle is inoperable. This has happened for approximately two (2) years. It has happened while driving at high speed (70 mph) on a limited access highway facility. It has occurred at stop lights. In one instance while at a stop light the vehicle ceased to operate and was struck by another vehicle. Last week was notified by the vehicle manufacturer that they were conducting a recall for the exact reason that has caused me problems for the past two years. The malfunction has caused mechanical damages to the vehicle's suspension, steering, tires, and acceleration. The vehicle vibrates uncontrollably at any speed over 35 mph. There are also rattling inside and outside of the vehicle.

- Coral Gables, FL, USA

Jan 032016

My left panel of the rear window is shattered after turning the rear defrost on. Called Ford, they will not replace.

- Joy, IL, USA

Nov 252015

Takata recall I have a 2011 F-150 FX4. Noticed the rear defrost wasn┐T coming on all the time, but it did come on and it must of gotten to hot...driving to work 11/24/15 getting on the freeway I heard a loud noise like something hit my truck on the roof. When I got to work...I looked on the damage. I noticed later that day that the back passenger side window had must of gotten to hot from the defroster. Looking on the internet...there are very many complaints about this problem.

- Plain City, OH, USA

Oct 192015

Please reference case: Vehicle make/model: Model year(s): Ford/F-150 2009-2010 manufacturer: Ford Motor Company mfr's report date: January 28, 2011 NHTSA campaign id number: 11V049000 NHTSA action number: N/a component: Structure: Body: Door potential number of units affected: 280,946 I have a 2011 with the same problem as above. The drivers side door handle does not return to closed. This has caused the door to fail to latch when being closed on multiple occasions, and has caused the "door ajar" warning indication to trigger when riding down the roadway. On at least one occasion the door has opened while being driven due to the latch not engaging. Please review and consider having the NHTSA action expanded to the 2011 year model F-150. Problem has been ongoing for several months. Vehicle was brought to the dealership and I was notified that this item was not covered under the premium warranty and that Ford was unaware of this problem on the 2011 model F-150.

- Rosharon, TX, USA

Oct 062015

Pressed rear defrost button. It flickered a few times than bam! the rear window on the passenger side exploded. Vehicle was parked in front of my house. Looked online and found that many other owners experienced the same problem with their Ford pickup trucks, model years 2010 - 2013.

- Stoneham, MA, USA

Jan 012015

F-150 4WD 6-cyl

My rear bumper is rusting away around the back up sensors. I mentioned it to the Ford dealership where I take my vehicle for everything since it was purchased and they said they can not do anything. According to the rust warranty on my vehicle there literally has to be a hole rusted thru the vehicle for the warranty to kick in. This is ridiculous I purchased the vehicle in Nov 2011 after returning from iraq and wanting a tough no nonsense vehicle. I have only had the vehicle 3.5 years and the bumper is rusting out. I could see if it was the front bumper that gets hit with rocks and debris from highways and a small nick can turn into damage. But this is the rear bumper and im going to have to replace it. Ford rust warranty what a joke.

- Somerset, NJ, USA

Jan 242015

F-150 8-cyl

At my house, the driveway is sloped. I had just parked the truck, turned the engine off, but left key in accessory position. My two daughters were in back seat (3 and 8 years old) watching a movie. I walked into my garage to drop off coffee, went back to the truck to retrieve pastries and then walked them into garage. I was out of the truck for 3-4 minutes. I went back to truck and took my three year old out of her car seat. She sits in rear seat, passenger side. I had her in my arms when I opened passenger side front door, reached across to remove keys. When I removed the keys from the ignition the truck began rolling down the driveway. My 8 year old was 1/2 out of the truck when it began to roll. I quickly put my 3 year old down and grabbed the 8 year old out of the truck. The truck was making a metal clicking sound the entire time it was rolling. Truck rolled down the driveway, across the street and into the neighbors yard. Their tree stopped the truck from rolling further into the yard and their house. The truck was still in park when I went inside to start it back up to move it back into the driveway. I drove it the Ford dealer about an hour later. Ford dealer and fomoco were involved for several months. Eventually a 'specialist' was flown in to look at truck. In the end, they claim there are no mechanical defaults and therefore, they are not responsible. They are unable to answer any questions as to how the truck did not move for the 3-4 minutes it was on the driveway when I was back and forth to the garage. They also have no explanation for how the truck rolled even though it was still in park when this happened. End results is Ford claims they never repaired or modified my truck. I have no way to prove they did or did not repair anything during the periods of time they had my truck in their possession.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Jan 012015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Remote started the vehicle this morning with climate control switch in auto. Truck ran for 10 minutes. Entered my truck to look in the rear view mirror to see that the driver side rear windshield had been spider webbed. No indications of rocks or any other materials/debris present to have caused the cracking. Ford fix your problems.

- Walker, IA, USA

Dec 182014

I turned on the rear defrost on my 2011 Ford F-150 with 45,000 miles on it and the R/H side of the sliding rear window shattered. It is still in one piece but there are small glass fragments of glass all over the back seat. I am sure glad my girlfriends grandson was not put in his carseat before this happened. I stopped at the local Ford dealer they took pictures and submitted it off to Ford. I get a response from them on the same day that Ford will only cover 50% of replacement cost. I see they already have 2 service bulletins on this back window and since they are offering and covering 50% they seem to be admitting their is a problem. It is all over the internet that this is happening from the 2010's all the way up to 2014 F-150S. Its a problem and Ford is not doing to much about it. Seems to me it this should go back to who ever manufactured the glass. Other then what Ford says this is a safety issue because some of these back windows are blowing right into the inside of the vehicle. Recall or not this needs to be addressed.

- Norway, MI, USA

Oct 252014

F-150 8-cyl

Driving down the road at 35 miles per hour, my right rear black glass shattered from the inside. My son was sitting in the back seat and thankfully he was on the opposite side. It sounded like a shot gun hit the truck. It was so loud, we pulled over and was checking each other to make sure we didn't get hit by a bullet. We soon learned it was the window that shattered for no reason. I bought this truck brand new and I keep it in great shape and spotless so it was nothing that I did wrong. I called the dealer and was told by the service manager that there was nothing he could do and I was out of warranty so this is not covered. It should be a recall because it could have caused serious injury to someone in the back seat since glass particles were falling out of the glass. The part is $667 and it has to be replaced out of my pocket. I am very upset after reading the internet of how many people this has happened to with their Ford trucks.

- Ringgold, GA, USA

Feb 082014

F-150 8-cyl

I started my vehicle on the morning of Feb 8th, and turned on the rear defroster. Within 1-2 minutes I heard a pop noise and found the glass panel behind the drivers side (one of 3 glass panels) had shattered. No outside impact, it just shattered. I see doing an on-line search there are similar complaints of this problem. I contacted Ford Motor Company and was told seeing as I was out of basic warranty, they would not be able to assist me with the cost of repairs. $625 + tax.

- Dover, NJ, USA

Dec 012011

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the driver and passenger doors failed and the mechanical system would not allow the door to remain open. The doors would normally close independently and when the vehicle was on a flat surface or an incline. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection or repairs. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 2 and the current mileage was 12,000.

- Douglassville , PA, USA