2011 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-150:

2011 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Feb 182012

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

Driving down the road when a van stopped. I hit the brakes, but there were no brakes at all. Then I hit them again and again and again and the brakes activated but it concluded with a major accident occurring. This was the first time I lost brakes. I have replaced the brake system three times since this issue and I show no replacing of vacuum tank and the brakes are always bad and needing to be fixed three times in four years that's a brake job a year. The date done work here but this has happened 2/12, 2013 and 2014.

- Naples, FL, USA

Sep 232011

F-150 6-cyl

During routine road driving, the service advance-trac light came on the dash. This was at 7490 miles. The truck was taken to be serviced. The rcm was replaced. At 9130 miles the service advance trac warning light again came on. The truck was taken to be serviced and the ABS module was updated. The truck is currently at the dealer for the same warning light. It has been there for a week. The mileage was about 9400 miles on the third trip for the same problem. I drive snowy and icy roads in the winter and feel that the disabling of my advance trac system compromises my safety on slippery roads.

- Medford, OR, USA