2012 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-150:

2012 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Jul 082016

2012 F150 XLT super crew the passenger side rear door handles are inoperative. The inside and outside handles do not open the door. The lock actuator/latch are one complete assembly and appear to be stuck which makes it impossible to get the door open. The door currently does not work.

- Lothian, MD, USA

Jan 072016

'takata recall" I took this truck to the bergstorm dealership in neenah, wi on 1/07/16 mileage was read 30564. The cable retainer for the rear driver door, could not be open. I did not know that the I had to paid for the diag, that they never told me there be charge for. He just said "here just signed this blank form and will let you know what is need to be done" I noticed that the rear driver door did not open on 9/2015 at the mileage of 27000. I felt that this is a defect.

- Neenah, WI, USA

Mar 042015

I was on my way to work. It was approximately 6:30 am. I had my rear defroster on and all of a sudden I heard aloud bang. I pulled over got out looked around the truck to see if there was any damage. I found nothing. I got back in the truck went to back out and notice my back right side window had shattered. It was not hit by anything. I called Ford about it and was told that there is nothing they can do on any warranty. The back window installed is around $900.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Feb 192015

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

On February 19 2015 I remote started my F150 in the driveway to warm it up. I got in the vehicle and put on the rear defroster to clear the mirrors and rear window. I heard a loud noise after about 30 seconds like an explosion inside vehicle. I looked around and noticed the drivers side rear glass was shattered. There was no external damage to the glass. Previously this vehicle was taken to a Ford dealer on March 27 2014 for an inoperative rear defroster system. The dealer diagnosed it as an open in the resister in the defroster grid and the whole rear window assembly was replaced. Ford corporate told the dealer that the window couldn't shatter by turning on the defroster and would not replace the unit. I called the Ford corporate number and lodged a complaint and was given a claim number. They had the dealer send them pictures of the shattered glass. Ford corporate denied my claim and I was told to go through my insurance glass coverage. I feel that this is insurance fraud in my opinion. I took my vehicle to my glass repair shop and the owner took a careful look at the shattered glass and said that they should have replaced it no charge since there was no external damage. Ford is laying the burden of a defective glass assembly off to my insurance company.

- Elmont, NY, USA

Feb 212015

F-150 6-cyl

Incident occurred on Saturday 2-21-15 at or about 3:30pm. The vehicle was traveling at about 30mph when a very loud bang was heard inside vehicle. After pulling over a quick glance around inside the vehicle revealed that the drivers side portion of the 3 piece rear glass of the cab has shattered. The glass remains in place but had "spiderwebed" and is completely shattered. Upon inspection on the outside, no signs of impact are visible and the point of origin of the cracks appears to be the upper right hand corner where the glass is covered by the rubber molding. When this happened it was about 25 degrees outside and snowing, all snow had been removed from vehicle prior to driving and the rear de-frost/de-fogger had been run and turned off about 10 mins prior to the incident. A quick internet search reveals that this is a common issue for this glass with the heating elements in these conditions, several other complaints similar or identical to this have been made to this and other organizations as well as there have been several article written on this subject. I placed a call to Ford customer service for assistance in replacing the glass as the extended warranty that was purchased through Ford (Ford esp premium) does not cover glass. I was told by the representative from Ford that no assistance would be given as the vehicle is out of the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty. This is an obvious failure of the design from the factory that Ford is aware of.

- Sewell, NJ, USA