4.8

2012 Ford F-150 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-150:

2012 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Mar 032014

F-150 6-cyl

On multiple occasions while driving on the highway, snow has entered the driver cabin through the dash ventilation system and blown snow into the cab and caused moisture to freeze to the inside of the front and side windows. The ice forms in a few seconds and mostly block forward visibility and view of the side mirrors. The vehicle coolant gauge is showing the truck is warmed and hot air is blowing from defrost vents but not capable to melt or clear ice or improve visibility, even after 20 minutes. I have to scrape the ice with my hand to create a peep hole so I can see. On one occasion when the event happened, the streets and landscape were blanketed with white snow and ice and it became extremely difficult for me to follow the road and safely exit. I was scared I was going to crash into another car or drive/slide off the road. The dealer has inspected my truck and found the ventilation to be clean (no snow or ice build up) and the intake screen to be properly placed. Problem is still occurring.

- Washington, IL, USA