2012 Ford F-150 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-150:

2012 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 232012

F-150

Rear defroster stopped functioning. Fortunately for me the rear window did not blow out as has happened with other F150's as listed in "glassbytes.com". many say it sounds like a gun shot. This site also has a service record stating that some F150's rear defrosters will not work for years 2010 - 2013. The Ford dealership said I would need the rear window replaced. Since I was under warranty for mileage, but not for the time, Ford said they would cover $600 of the approximate $1200 cost. I told them this was a safety issue because my rear window could have blown out like others have. There is a picture on the internet that shows the window temperature at 140 degrees on one vehicle. Ford should have a recall on this defective product.

- New Berlin , WI, USA

Aug 162015

F-150

Back glass window on driver's side shattered while using the rear defroster

- Cheyenne, WY, USA

Aug 112015

F-150

I have read that this is a rain or humidity problem with the ecoboost engines. This has happen on and off from new and now seems to be getting worse. With a family of 6, I will be replacing this vehicle as soon as finances allow.

- Siloam Springs, AR, USA

Jun 092015

F-150

Noisy electronic vacuum pump issue. At aprox 45,000 miles I noticed a noise in the engine compartment near the drivers side tire. I took it to a local Ford dealer. The first time it would not make the noise. The second time it made the noise it made the noise. I was advised I needed a new vacuum pump. I was also advised it was not covered by warranty because my truck was over 3 years old and over 36000 miles. However while researching this matter I find there has been and issue with the vacuum pump on several Ford vehicles. I believe should take responsibility and take care of all costs associated with this issue. I am not the only one with this issue. My cost of repair is $724.27

- Muncy, PA, USA

Mar 142014

F-150

Ford fixed my rear window, no questions asked....this is what happened....I started my truck, put on the rear defrost, drove out of my apartment complex and as I was about to exit the complex I heard a loud pop/crack noise, I stopped, no one was around, (it was 6am in the morning), I checked the entire truck to see what it was and the back left part of the rear window was completely shattered!, no sign of impact, just shattered...apparently there is no recall out on it, so if it has happened to you or does happen, take it in!, with how many complaints I have already read, it must be a manufacturer defect related to the rear defrost or installation of the window....

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Mar 012015

F-150 8-cyl

I was getting ready to get our of my house with my son. While we were locking our seat-belts, I heard a loud bang and when I turned, the back right rear window behind my son's head was all shattered.nothing hit it as the truck was standing with the windows facing my house, it just exploded on its own.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Oct 152014

F-150 4WD 6-cyl

At a stoplight I activated the rear window defroster. After approximately 30 seconds I heard a sharp large cracking sound. Upon investigation I found the driver side rear window was shattered but still in place. No signs of chips from inside vehicle or outside were seen before the incident. After getting back inside the vehicle I noticed the rear defroster was inoperable.

- Staten Island , NY, USA

Aug 292014

F-150

My wife and duaghter were driving down I-75 when she heard a couple of chimes followed by a message to safely shut down. The truck lost all power at that point and the engine turned off by itself. She wjoshuaas lucky she was already in the right lane and was able to get off the interstate prior to anything too bad happening. I had already done some research and found Ford has had an issue with the 4 egt exsensors shutting the vehicle down to protect engine. This is a very serious safety issue if you consider I could have been towing 17,000lb trailer behind me when this could happen. I strongly feel that Ford needs to address the bad sensors quickly before something worse happens. My truck has had no modifications nor chips in it, sensors go bad and kills the engine. Only 34,000 miles on it.

- Washington, DC, USA

Nov 012013

F-150

When taking off from being stopped there is a thumping, clicking, snapping type sound coming from the rear of the truck. Not only does it make a noise but you can feel it. Truck was taken into the dealer for inspection and dealer could not find out where it was coming from. Updated 4/24/2015

- Bath Springs, TN, USA

Mar 012012

F-150 4WD 6-cyl

Major safety issue with F150 ecoboost trucks. Hundreds of owners with this issue: www.F150forum.com/F38/2011-55-60mph-shuddering-possible-fix-128636/index145/ while taking off from T-intersection and turning left crossing oncoming traffic the truck started to take off then lost all power for approximately 3-5 seconds. This left my family and I sitting in the oncoming traffic lane on a blind corner. The truck did not die (I thought it did), I mashed accelerator to floor and truck did not respond whatsoever. My wife was screaming frantically at me asking what I was doing while I attempted to get the truck to move out of the oncoming lane. After approximately 5 seconds the truck regained power and accelerated normally. This has occurred 3X now and I am afraid to drive the truck but do and my wife will not drive it at all. Several other owners of the ecoboost F150 have experience this precise problem. Ford has done nothing to address the problem and has promised a fix for the last 3 months. While the truck has other major issues this specific problem is going to result in deaths. It's not a matter of if, but when.

- Salem, OR, USA