2014 Ford F-150 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford F-150:

2014 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Dec 052014

F-150 4WD 6-cyl

I was out of town and driving in a very small city where there were no street lights and on a very dark night. I was attempting to make a right hand turn and could not see the road that I was turning into because the lights only shoot a beam and do not flood at all. Up to this time I had not driven this vehicle much at night except on straight roads. I had a passenger with me and he put his window down and his head out the window and coached me through the turn. If a vehicle had been behind me I would have been rear ended because I had to come to a complete stop. A left hand turn isn't quite as bad because you are turning into the outside lane but the right hand turns to the inside lane. I took the vehicle to Ford dealership in lewiston, Idaho and they told me there was nothing they could do because the lights were only adjustable vertically not horizontally. They told me to drive with my fog lights on but I am not comfortable doing that because approximately 10-20% of the approaching vehicles flash their lights at me signaling that my brights are on when they are not. I do not want to blind the drivers coming at me! these same lights have a distinct horizontal line where the lights are "cut off" and when you are driving into a draw and get to the bottom and start up the other side you can only see a matter of feet depending on the steepness of the downhill and uphill grade. These lights need to flood a certain distance left and right in order to be safe and acceptable. I filed a complaint with Ford cas-5917871 and was told again that there was nothing they could do. This item is such an important and integral part of a vehicle and it is totally thoughtless to engineer a component in this manner. My brother owns a 14 F150 also with the same option and he has experienced the same problem. Another friend has one also and he elected to go with after market lights....updated 09/22/15

- Grangeville, ID, USA

Jul 022014

F-150 6-cyl

This vehicle is equipped with div headlights. When turned on they have a distinct vertical line that runs from your far left vision to your far right vision. Below this line it is very bright and above this line it is total darkness. The line runs directly across the center of your vision. This line is constantly bouncing up and down with bumps and imperfections in the road. Extremely difficult to see. When driving through mountains, hills and low lines your vision is 100% blocked above the line. When the vehicle is driving down a grade you loose all vision to the upcoming grade. I have reported this to the Ford Motor Co. Customer relations department. I was informed that these div lights were approved by the federal government and that is the way of the future. Please, have someone drive one of these trucks at night in the hills. Thank you

- Cheyenne, WY, USA