CarComplaints.com Notes: We aren't rating the 2015 F-150 as "bad" yet, but there is an early trend of complaints about the transmission shifting roughly.

2015 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford F-150:

2015 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jan 052017

F-150

Brake pedal bled off and message centar alerted of brake malfunction. Dealer to replace master cyl. And booster. I was stopped at a light when the incident happened.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Dec 162016

F-150

Brake failure, no brake warning lights. Peddle provided some braking initially, then peddle fades to floor and braking deminnishes to not able to hold vehicle to complete stop, even at idle speed. Pumping peddle will restore same sequence. I would think this would be extreamly scary to novice drivers and cause injury, death or collision with high probability. Especially with absence of warning lamps indication. First time problem noted on near zero degree F. morning shortly after leaving early am on highway. Suspect problem to be master brake cylinder. Brake fluid level has not changed, search for external leaks in braking systems revealed no visible leaks. Vehicle currently in to service this at francios Ford bellville wi.

- New Glarus, WI, USA

Sep 052016

F-150

The contact owns a 2015 Ford F-150. While accelerating from a complete stop at 5 mph, the brakes seemed to drag on three occasions. The dealer diagnosed that the brakes had a soft pedal, but the cause of the failure was not determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 31,000.

Mar 312016

F-150

"check brake system" lights keeps coming on for no reason when going 40mph or more.only one time I have experience some brake loss in pedal pressure it took longer to brake. Especially on freeway. Brake fluid keeps going low more then more then normal. I've check brakes each one and have found noting. Brake pads are good and clean brakes and rotor and still same problem. Brakes keeps making noise when braking. It happens all the time I get on freeway. "check brake system". it happened second day out the dealer.

- Compton, CA, USA

Oct 032016

F-150

Brakes are rubbing and dealer has reground front disc brakes twice without fixing problem. Suspect that brake calipers are not completely disengaging after brakes are applied. Brake pedal will go all the way to the floor after applying brakes.

- Fair Grove, MO, USA

Nov 132016

F-150

The contact owns a 2015 Ford F-150. While driving 50 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and traveled to the floor. The brake warning indicator illuminated. The contact also mentioned that an abnormal odor of brake fluid emitted from the vehicle. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 43,000.

Nov 132016

F-150

After the vehicle was parked over night (less than 10 hours) I received a brake fluid low warning when starting. I filled brake fluid and when I began to drive the brake pedal went straight to the floor with very little braking ability. I checked the fluid again and it was back to empty. Added more fluid it drained also. Now I can slightly smell brake fluid in the cab. The vehicle is undrivable. Very scary!

Oct 282016

F-150

On Friday 10/28 while driving down the interstate at about 55 miles/hour at approximately 6:30pm with vehicles ahead of and behind my truck, the vehicle began to give a number of check engine alerts, at which time the engine rpms dropped to very low levels and began to stall and the accelerator no longer responded. Had truck towed to the nearest dealership within the hour. I was very lucky in this situation, for had I been in a construction area or on a bridge, the situation could have been much worse. This same situation occurred on the evening of 10/2 while driving 40mph down a state road near my home and according to the dealer who attended to the issue, the brake module had failed which caused the symptoms to arise. In that instance, the accelerate failed to respond and the engine began to stall, which it did when I pulled to the side of the road. They replaced the module a few days later. In addition, the driver side door vibrates and does not latch properly. Two dealers have failed to resolve this issue to date and I believe it is a safety concern that has largely been dismissed by the service technicians and dealerships involved. Despite numerous documented attempts to resolve this issue with Ford customer service, they have ignored this concern, have failed to respond to me in a timely manner, and declined a buyback request. I am submitting lemon law documentation for the vehicle during the week of October 31. I have spent hundreds of dollars on rental vehicles during attempted repairs to the doors and the brake module since Ford claims they will not cover the cost of rental vehicles during warranty repairs. Repair documentation attached pertains to repairs for 10/2 occurrence since the dealership has not yet had an opportunity to inspect my vehicle since it was dropped off yesterday evening. I will gladly provide info once received.

- Whitingham, VT, USA

Oct 112016

F-150

Brake pedal falls on heavy braking. Also falls when holding foot on the brake pedal for short stops.

- Colchester, IL, USA

Oct 112016

- Colchester, IL, USA

Oct 142016

F-150

Brakes fade, sometimes to floor on 2015 Ford F150 with 3.5 engine. No warning light or chime alet's the driver. 2015 models usually have a warning indication if this happened and 2016 models do not. Build date is Oct. 2015. The dealership can not find any problem with the brakes! these 3.5 models must be investigated and repaired!

- Meridian, ID, USA

Oct 092016

F-150

My fiancÉE and I were driving down the highway, with no cruise control on, and suddenly my sensors go off as if I was about to hit something. Then after a second (probably was only a split-second, but it felt like forever), it went away. If adaptive cruise control would have been enabled, this would have caused the brakes to automatically press (I know because this has happened to me before). I was passing a semi, if that helps. This is a very dangerous issue (sensors thinking they are going to hit something, when it should be nothing). I wish I had a video of it happening, but it only has happened 3 times for at most 3 seconds in the the 1.5 years I have owned the vehicle.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Sep 282016

F-150

I was driving down the highway, with no cruise control on, and suddenly my sensors go off as if I was about to hit something. Then after a second (probably was only a split-second, but it felt like forever), it went away. If adaptive cruise control would have been enabled, this would have caused the brakes to automatically press (I know because this has happened to me before). This is a very dangerous issue (sensors thinking they are going to hit something, when it should be nothing). I wish I had a video of it happening, but it only has happened 3 times for at most 3 seconds in the the 1.5 years I have owned the vehicle.

- Olathe, KS, USA

Oct 102016

F-150

I noticed the front passenger brake overheating. The place I bought it from agree to replace pads and rotors. That didn't fix it, took it to Ford and they replaced caliper, but that didn't fix it.now its at Ford again! front passenger brake overheating even more than before! I'm afraid to drive it with my family in it for fear of potential brake failure/fire! truck is at mullinax Ford on northlake blvd in palm beach gardens Florida.

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Oct 102016

F-150

Electric throttle body repair. 16B32 is the code. My truck shut off on me on the highway almost hurting or killing me. This is a brand new vehicle I bought 8 months ago 8000 miles.

- Katy, TX, USA

Oct 012016

F-150

The contact owns a 2015 Ford F-150. The contact stated that the brakes failed to operate properly. The dealer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 23.

- Bayonne, NJ, USA

Mar 182016

F-150

The contact owns a 2015 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 40 mph, the brakes engaged independently and the vehicle stopped abruptly without warning. The vehicle was driven to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake controller seized the trailer brake. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 4,000.

- Albert, CO, USA

Sep 232016

F-150

I just read an article about the brake failures on the 2015 & 2016 F-150. I have a 2015 F-150 platinum 4X4 with approximately 31,000 miles and experienced a similar event about 2 weeks ago. As I approached a stop signal on my normal route home, the brakes failed when I stepped on the pedal, it acted like the anti-skid brake system had taken over and wouldn't allow the pedal to apply hydraulic pressure to the brake calipers. This was the first and only time it has happened, so I did not report the event to Ford. No damage or injury occurred.

- Huffman, TX, USA

Jul 132016

F-150

Had my boat trailer (9000lbs with electric/hyd breaks) hooked up, was trying to backup my steep driveway and the truck slid a bit forward in reverse and I tried to hit the break pedal but no action so had to turn quickly into the street to avoid an danger, was able to stop the truck on the flat street and low 4 wheel drive on. Stop the engine and tried the breaks and they were working fine. Did not think more about it until I saw this concern on the news and therefor a bit late reporting it.

- Shoreline, WA, USA

Aug 292016

F-150

The contact owns a 2015 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 70 mph and upon slowing down to exit the highway, the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard. The contact managed to pull over to the side of the road and drove slowly to the dealer. It was diagnosed that the master cylinder caused the brake failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and the master cylinder was sent to the manufacturer for analysis. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 9,600.

- Shreveport, LA, USA