8.9

$250

2. been repaired (1 reports)
  3. replace master cylinder (1 reports)
2016 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-150:

2016 Ford F-150 Owner Comments

Aug 252018

F-150 King Ranch 3.5L Eco Boost

Friday I had brakes, Saturday morning started out for Dallas & warning light came on saying brake fluid low & emergency light also was on. I figured dealer had missed the brake on last service & would stop up the road for a can of fluid. 15 miles later I touched the brake pedal & it went to the floor. I got stopped & got a couple cans of fluid as tank was empty & filled it up but still no pedal & fluid was leaking on right side back of right tire. I'm now waiting for Hill Country Ford dealer to open so I can take it in to get fixed. Will update later.

Update from Aug 30, 2018: The master cylinder was covered by Ford extended warranty & I paid the $100 deductible. !st one with this problem at my dealer.

- Jess S., Goldthwaite, US

Jan 162017

F-150 XLT 5.0L

No problems until today, except rear door improperly aligned. Just spent 6 hrs in hospital. Started truck and brake alarm came on. There was no power brakes,but worked manually (no power assist). This is scary. How can I keep my family safe. So glad it didn't happen on the highway. Had towed to the dealer, but hadn't heard the conclusion yet. Lots of similar problems on line. Ford needs to recognize this ongoing problem. I will report to the MOT when I have Fords input on the repair.

Update from Jan 22, 2017: Well, can't blame Ford on this one. A mouse or squirrel chewed through the vacuum line to the brake booster. $400 I was home. I have set some traps outside and ,for now, have a trouble light on under the hood.

- David B., Oshawa, ON, Canada

Jan 122017

F-150 XL V6 Eco Boost

Brake pedal goes to the floor. What more do I need to say? If you push down and hold pressure the pedal in 5 seconds it is on the floor. Ford says they are good.

- kengapeq, Long Beack, CA, USA

Nov 182016

F-150 XLT 5.0L V8

In my 33 years of driving, mostly professionally, I have never had a vehicle where the brakes failed. Never. I’ve driven cars & trucks that I've bought for between $150 to $50,000. None of them ever had brake failure. That is until Friday, November 18, 2016.

My three-month-old 2016 Ford F150, has 10,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new, with 9 miles on the odometer. Up until Friday, it had been a pretty good vehicle. It got me where I needed to go, & back. Its towing capability was so-so, but OK. My 2007 Nissan Titan handles our 30-ft. camper much better. But I digress. On the aforementioned date, when approaching a stoplight, I applied the brakes. Much to my dismay, the pedal went to the floor & the truck did not slow down. Good times. I took the vehicle to the dealership for diagnosis & repair. They still have it & I’m in a loaner car. This is completely unacceptable.

- Robert D., Chesterfield, VA, USA

Oct 042016

F-150 XTR 2.7L

I am new owner of a 2016 Ford F-150 2.7 ecoboost I was going down QEW in hamilton ON on my way to work in Toronto ON I am a medical first responder I was going 40 km hr and I seen traffic slowing down. I then applied my brakes and they went to the floor. I then rear ended another motorist in there vehicle and it was deemed a right off on the spot, I had no where to go. I had 2 transport on both sides of me I then called for and they told me to brake sooner I was not expect my brakes to let me down Ford is telling me no recalls in Canada they only then step up once something tramatic happen I need help any other Ford owner having this issue I a ready to draw lemons all over my truck

- Brandii D., New Liskeard, ON, Canada

Oct 272016

F-150

I bought a new 2016 F150 so my kids and I would be in a bigger safer vehicle, and I would be able to haul my horse trailer.... well its looking like I should of stayed with my Audi because on October 27th my kids and I were heading home with a very full truck, front to back. We were doing about 45mph. I could see the light ahead was red at the busy intersection so I went to apply the brakes to start slowing down and there was NO BRAKES. The pedal went all the way to the floor....we had no warning! The brakes had been working just fine all day and then no brakes...luckily I was able to turn into a big parking lot and coast to a stop. If that parking lot had not been there I would of hit the person in front of me trying to stop.

The 2015 F150s have been recalled but WHY IN THE HELL have the 2016 not been recalled. In doing research I realized that Ford has been having problems with their F150 master brake cylinders since 2013.....this is not safe! Not for my family or anyone else on the road but in till the recall is issued then guess Ford only has to replace the defective part with the same but new part!....ISSUE THE RECALL BEFORE SOMEONE GETS KILLED.... I will say my Portland dealership has been awesome with getting me a loaner car and trying to help me get this figured out.......this is completely unacceptable an I am scared to drive my new 50K+ truck and that is complete crap the recall needs to be issued and the trucks need to be safe!!

- Heather M., Vancouver, WA, USA

Oct 302016

F-150 XLT 2.7L Ecoboost

Picked up my new 2016 F-150 from dealer and while driving back to my home, 2 hours away, the brakes would not hold the truck at a stop and the brake pedal would keep falling toward the floor. Took it to my home Ford dealer for service. The problem was diagnosed as brake master cylinder failure. It took 4 days to get the part from Ford and installed. My truck had less than 100 miles on it and it's obvious that the truck was shipped from the factory with a defective brake master cylinder.

- joe1247, Fort Meade, FL, USA

Sep 262016

F-150 Sport 3.5L

Just purchased a brand new F-150 only to bring it home to find out it has some pretty bad brake issues. Brakes fail when I first start the vehicle up and try to drive it. The pedal does all sorts of weird things, and the vehicle barely wants to stop.

- Joseph M., Fort Irwin, CA, USA

Oct 012016

F-150 Lariat 5.0L

I bought this truck brand new back in March 2016. For about the last month on multiple occasions I have had complete brake failure both when pulling a trailer and not pulling a trailer. When I look at recalls for my truck it states there are none. However, there is a known issue with the master cylinder on the 3.5L Evoboost. I am here to tell you Ford NEEDS to expand this recall to the 5.0L as well. As with another post by Robert K., Phoenixville, PA, USA my brake pedal goes all the way to the floorboard. I have contacted the dealer, Borman Auto Plex , Las Cruces, NM. where I bought it from and they stated there are no recalls on it. They want me to bring it during the week so they can look at it but cannot provide a loaner vehicle or rental. My truck is STILL under full factory warranty. Ford SHOULD be supplying a loaner vehicle or rental car.

- William C., Caballo, NM, USA