2016 Ford F-150 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Ford F-150:

2016 Ford F-150 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jan 052017

F-150

I was sitting still as I waited in a drive through line with my truck in drive and my foot on the brake, when suddenly the brake pedal pushed all the way to the floor. Scary. I tried to pump the brake - the pedal pumped all the way to the floor several times before it caught and began behaving as expected. The was no sound or alarm from the console during all of this. The dealership replaced the master cylinder as a warranty repair. They had no comment about whether this was a recall. I asked if the part number was different on the replaced part and they told me it was. Replacement part was gl3Z-2140-a cylinder asy along with pm-20 fluid - brake.

- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA

Jan 052017

F-150

I have a 2016 F150 3.5 ecoboost with 14000 miles, last night as I was going home, I was going down a little hill like I did many times before as I approached the stop sign at the bottom of the hill I started to push on my brakes then as the truck was about to come to a stop out of nowhere it seemed like my truck lost pressure or something cause then my brake pedal sunk in all the way in !!! with the truck gaining momentum again with quick thinking I stepped on the parking brake right next to the brake pedal and came to a stop!!! me and my girlfriend were scared we were a mile away from my house I carefully drove the truck home and at three stop lights, I stopped and I pressed the break and I was waiting for the light to turn green I pushed the brake in a little bit more then the break would sink in all the way in. I goggled the situation to find out that they are investigating this matter, this is the second time Ford has let me down I had a 2006 Lincoln mark lt same situation happened to me it had a recall on the brake booster, I have already call Ford customer service to make a complaint, Ford this is my family truck I drive my daughter in this truck that's the only time I drive it, with paying 50000 on a truck I deserve a good quality truck cause just like yall be raising the prices like nothing we the people deserve a good quality truck!!!

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 032017

F-150

While driving, I experienced a sudden loss of braking ability in a Ford F-150 2016 3.5L V6 ecoboost with 10,600 miles on the engine. Pedal, when pressed all the way to the floor, provided some ability to slow down in great length, but no ability to complete stop in a timely manner.

- Grandview, MO, USA

Dec 142016

F-150

The break peddle is going all the way to the floor with little resistance and no warnings on the dash. It started on 12-14-2016 and has happened many times between the 14th and the 17th. Since then they appear to be working as designed. When they were acting up with the truck in park or moving I could push the peddle all the way to the floor board with little resistance.

- Richfield, MN, USA

Dec 062016

F-150

I recently purchased a new 2016 Ford F150 XLT 2.7L ecoboost truck. On December 6, 2016 I was involved in an accident with this vehicle. I feel that this truck did not adequately stop in an emergency situation with ample stopping distance. I have driven trucks of this same size towing a boat and under an emergency situations going downhill and have been able to stop with less distance than I had with this truck towing absolutely nothing. I was not speeding and only travelling between 30 to 35 miles an hour on a four lane highway which is currently under construction, the speed limit for this area is 45 right now because of this construction. I was traveling in the left hand lane planning to make a left hand turn onto a road that was a few miles away at a main intersection. Several vehicles ahead of me some individual decided they were going to just make a left hand turn to get to a street clear on the other side of the highway causing everyone behind them to slam on their brakes, having two to three car lengths in front of me I had slammed on the brakes and the truck was slowing down but not fast enough so then I put my other foot on the brakes and stood on the brakes holding the steering wheel and still the truck was not stopping absolutely no change in the response of it breaking, keep in mind I way around 235 lbs. I just don't understand why my brand new truck without even having its first oil change has failed to stop and every other vehicle on the road with less distance than me was able to stop. I was also pondering if the ecoboost system may have contributed to it somehow with the start and stopping of the motor causing some sort of pressure loss in the system. I no longer trust this vehicle, I have driven Ford trucks for over 20 years.

- Perry, GA, USA

Dec 062016

F-150

I bought the truck in July with 63 miles on it. A month or so later I noticed the brake pedal going to the floor when stopped at a trafic light. I took to to the dealer and they looked at it and told me it was normal for the pedal to go to the floor under pressure because the system calculated how much pressure was needed to stop the vehicle. Today 12-6-2016 I was driving the truck and the pedal went to the floor when stopping, while the truck was still moving. I dropped it off at the dealer this morning and will have to wait and see what they say. I think it is a bad master cylinder and think the story about the computer controlling the brakes is just to get me out of the shop.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Sep 282016

F-150

The contact rented a 2016 Ford F-150. While driving approximately 60 mph, the brake pedal traveled to the floor. The vehicle failed to come to a complete stop and crashed into a guardrail. None of the air bags deployed. The driver sustained back, neck, and shoulder pains. The front passenger sustained back and shoulder pains. The rear passenger on the driver side sustained ankle, back, and neck pains. The rear passenger on the passenger side sustained back and shoulder pains. A police report was filed. Medical attention was required for all the occupants in the vehicle. The insurance company towed the vehicle to a collision center to repair the damages, but the vehicle had not yet been diagnosed by the dealer. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN and failure mileage were not available.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Nov 262016

F-150

Three issues: 1. sudden loss of brakes while moving, brake pedal went to the floor and had no brakes. 2. front axle (4X4) tries to engage on its own from time to time while driving. 3. excessive backlash in rear end while driving.

- Lanesville, IN, USA

Nov 202016

F-150

The brake pedal went all the way to the floor. I was in a parking lot and had to pump the brakes several times to have pressure. There were no warning lights or signals. Drove home carefully and cut off the vehicle. Restarted the truck again and had the same problem. I was gettting ready to go out of town towing a 7000 pound camper. If the brakes had failed while towing the camper it could have been deadly. The truck was towed to the dealership and the master cylinder was replaced. Read on line there had been a recall on the 2013 & 2014 F-150S master cylinder but not on the 2015 & 2016. There needs to be a recall !!!! I owned the truck for approximately 9 months and it had 9700 miles on it when this occurred.

- Stokesdale, NC, USA

Nov 182016

F-150

To whom this may concern, on November 18th while driving with my three children, the brakes on my 2016 Ford F150 failed. When approaching a stop light, I pushed the brake pedal all the way to the floor without slowing. I veered the truck into the left turn lane in order to avoid rear ending the vehicle in front of me. The truck slowly came to a stop by the time I reached the light. Luckily there were not any vehicles in the left turn lane. On 11/19/16, I took the truck into my local Ford dealer and they replaced the master cylinder. After doing some research, I was disappointed to find that multiple owners have already had this same issue. I would expect such a potentially dangerous problem with the truck would illicit a recall. This is the fourth Ford F150 vehicle I have owned. This truck was an expensive vehicle and I am disappointed to have had such a serious malfunction after driving it for only 7,300 miles. I am even more disappointed in the company for being aware of an issue and not having taken action. I hope the new part that has been installed has been redesigned and will not fail like the first one did. Even more so, however, I hope that the Ford company will take note of this issue, issue a recall, and prevent others from the dangers of nonfunctioning brakes. Sincerely, aaron

- Eagan, MN, USA

Nov 152016

F-150

Attempting to stop and when pushing on brake pedal vechile slowed and as more pressure was applied the pedal went to the floor with no futher braking action. Pumped pedal and down shifted transmission to stop truck. Started braking at 65mph. Limped truck home with soft brake pedal and returned truck to dealer who replaced master cylinder.

- Galt, CA, USA

Nov 222016

F-150

When approaching a stop light, my brake pedal just went to the floor. I made it to a parking lot with spongy brakes. Once in a parking space, when pressure was applied to the pedal, the pedal slowly went completely to the floor.

- Jefferson, GA, USA

Nov 182016

F-150

My three-month-old 2016 Ford F150, has 10,000 miles on it. I bought it brand new, with 9 miles on the odometer. Up until Friday, 11-18-16, it had been a pretty good vehicle. On the aforementioned date, when approaching a stoplight, I applied the brakes. Much to my dismay, the pedal went to the floor & the truck did not slow down. Complete brake failure. I took the vehicle to the dealership for diagnosis & repair. They still have it & IżM in a loaner car. I also now see that there are other reports of the same thing happening to other 2015/2016 Ford F150 trucks. I would think this type of a failure would be deemed catastophic, as one could imagine what could happen when driving a vehicle at any speed, and no way to stop it.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Sep 102016

F-150

The contact owns a 2016 Ford F-150. When the brake pedal was depressed at 35 mph, the pedal traveled to the floor without warning. The vehicle eventually stopped independently. The contact mentioned that the failure occurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was determined that the vehicle was operating as designed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,500.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Nov 062016

F-150

2016 Ford F150 with ~12000 mile experienced complete brake failure with no warning indicators. At the time of the incident the vehicle was being driven in a high traffic city street, coming up to a stop light with traffic in front of the vehicle. The emergency brake was used to slow vehicle. The brake pedal went completely to the floor. Truck was towed to local Ford dealership and the master cylinder and booster were replaced under warranty. The parts were replaced with identical new components, but no good explanation of why the components failed so early in the vehicle's life.

- Tellico Plains, TN, USA

Apr 272016

F-150

The contact owns a 2016 Ford F-150. While driving various speeds, the brakes failed to perform properly. The contact was afraid to drive the vehicle. The dealer was notified and informed the contact that nothing was wrong with the brake system. The failure mileage was not available.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Oct 252016

F-150 4WD

I was driving North on harlem approaching the cross street forest view which has an active green light so as I'm traveling at 30 mph which is the speed limit the vehicle in front of me slams on the brakes I am approximately 100 feet away when I slam on my brakes my truck is in 4X4 due to the light rain and when I slam on the brakes the vehicle does not stop at consequently I slam into the GMC in front of me and file an insurance claim.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 142016

F-150 4WD 8-cyl

10/14/2016- on 2 occasions applied brakes to slow down and stop. The brake pedal went straight to the floor.1st time was to slow down to turn corner, brake pedal went straight to floor. Had to make wide turn to slow down. Was lucky no vehicles in either lane. 2nd time was coming to red light intersection, applied brakes and again straight to the floor. Had to pump brake to take hold. Vehicle had to be flatbed towed 1.5 hours to home. After installed gps system was verified working correctly. This is company vehicle, so again had to be towed to Ford garage. They just performed a multi point inspection, checked all hoses, no leaks. Advised Ford garage of your report on loss of braking ability, their response "yes we know but what are we suppose to do, just start removing parts"? dangerous to not know when this could happen again. Have Ford garage receipt if needed.

- Corning, NY, USA

Jul 012016

F-150

The contact owns a 2016 Ford F-150. While attempting to brake by depressing the brake pedal, the brake pedal was stiff and the stopping distance increased. The dealer could not determine the cause of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 68....updated 12/20/16

- Palm Springs, CA, USA