3.1

2005 Ford F-250 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-250:

2005 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Jun 032015

F-250

Noticed a cloud of smoke behind vehicle while driving 55 mph on highway. Upon inspection found it was leaking transmission fluid from hole in top of transmission onto exhaust (exact same problem as described in Ford bulletin 05B27) had to replace transmission at 57,265 miles at a cost of $4,000. Ford would not warranty it.

- Vulcan, MI, USA

Jan 272013

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

Regular driving on open road, no harsh conditions - power loss, without any warning - no engine lights or warnngs - sudden decelleration, jerky response more decelleration - limp off ramp, limp home. Turbo sounding whiny and different, no response to added pressing on gas, nor stop, restart. Has been evaluated at dealership many times and many problems corrected, paid for yet nothing works - regular maintenance is preformed on this vehicle, much care is taken by owner. Very dangerous condition will cause a wreck, can no longer endanger lives, we do everything the dealers ask and condition returns. Must evaluate at new dealership and whether or not can keep. I am getting post traumatic stress from this vehicle and it's lack of unreliable Transport. I fear getting into the car for any distance - if I have to return to the bank, I must advise them not to re-sell liability reasons and inform them of chronic lemon problems in this model F250 6.0 Ford truck.

- Racine, WI, USA

Oct 232012

F-250 10-cyl

While at a dead stop, placed truck in drive and the engine suddenly accelerated to full power lunging the vehicle forward 10' while I simultaneously applied both feet to the brake for maximum stopping power. This is the third time in two to three months this has happened. No check engine lights are on. Took my car to the local Ford dealer and was told by the service manager that they have never heard of this problem before. Researched the internet only to find lots of other similar complaints. Originally thought it was human error, floor mat, or similar problem... but this last time, I was prepared because of previous incidents. This problem can cause a terrible accident and may even result in death.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

May 052007

F-250 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

My 2005 Ford F-250 superduty 6.0L diesel, first incident was may of 2007, at 16,000 miles my turbo charger went bad when I was trailering my horses in Vermont, forced to stop at unknown dealership who "cleaned" something so I would make it back to my home. Again on the drive home I lost the turbo. It had to be replaced at the dealership, columbia Ford, ct the next day. I was told I had to drive my truck hard and everyday in order to prevent the problem from occurring again. In March 2010 brought my truck to monaco Ford, the motor had to be removed due to "all of the gaskets and seals in the motor leaking, as well as the turbo charger being bad again. This occurred at 24,500 miles. The side walls of my tires are peeling, the running board on the drivers side is falling off, and the body side molding is coming off and now at 26,000 miles the air position selector for the climate control system is not working. If I put it in a position for venting or for front and floor I just blows through the defrost vents. Obviously the warranty has passed with the exception of the motor and I have 26,500 miles on this truck.

- North Franklin, CT, USA

Feb 162009

F-250

Truck will not disengage from 4hi and even though it is turned off it will make a terrible grinding sound, which I think has something to do with the transfer case. The light doesn't come on when for 4hi, so I am also thinking there is something wrong with the relay switch.. also our truck vibrates, but has only done it twice, however the truck only has 68 thousands kilometers on it, it is like a brand new truck. We have had it to the Ford dealer and they say nothing is wrong with it. Are they actually waiting for someone to die in one of these trucks. How many complaints does it take?

- Montrose, Bc Canada, 00, USA