2005 Ford F-250 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford F-250:

2005 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Apr 022016

While driving my truck it has stopped running and just shut itself off like its not getting fuel. I have read the complaints on the F250 Super Duty and my truck is responding exactly the same way. I am afraid to drive it due to someone hitting me or it causing an accident so I looked on here today and saw the recall for the Super Duty. This is a serious and dangerous issue that someone definitely needs to address. I was driving down the road and the vehicle lost power and I tried to push the pedal to get fuel but nothing happened. I am very lucky the vehicle behind me was back far enough that I turned on my flashers and they noticed or I could have caused an accident or worse.

- Hudson, NC, USA

Mar 032015

Engine stalled without warning driving in traffic while weaving in and out of traffic trying to avoid hitting other vehicles or them hitiing me. A dangerous, intense moment trying to get my truck off the road with no power steering or power brakes. This truck may or may or M ay not start. No crank/no start, no start/cranks, no start/bucking and stalling engine. These issues relate to the injector wiring harness due to chaffing and crushing, a very time consuming task. Technician verified the harness is worn and wires are exposed. Past Ford customers refer to the violent shaking that while driving this truck as the "death wobble." An intense moment.this is a risk concerning vehicle safety. This is not protecting consumers against unreasonable risks of accidents occuring. The tires on my truck are michelins. They are the size recommended by Ford for this vehicle. Customer service was contacted twice. Both replys were the same.there are no warrenties, recalls or programs in effect that would provide coverage for your current concern. Keep receipts, etc. Fords presentation to- Ford identified a number of potential failures mechanisms that could effect engine performance in this vehicle population including the wiring conditions addressed by NHTSA. 05V-270. The wiring conditions both effect engine fueling were the onditions to result in engine stall." Vehicles affected were built 9-29-2003 5-31-2004 in louisville ky. Mine 8-2004 in louisville. There have been numerious complaints concerning safety with this population of F-series trucks, then and now. Ford is aware of the failure and expects the consumer to pay for the thier mistake. If NHTSA hadn't stepped in when the defects were discoverd, Ford would have done nothing. NHTSA stated further action will be taken if warrented by future circumstances. In the interest of public safety, the time for further action is now.

- Pikeville, KY, USA

May 052007

F-250 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

My 2005 Ford F-250 superduty 6.0L diesel, first incident was may of 2007, at 16,000 miles my turbo charger went bad when I was trailering my horses in Vermont, forced to stop at unknown dealership who "cleaned" something so I would make it back to my home. Again on the drive home I lost the turbo. It had to be replaced at the dealership, columbia Ford, ct the next day. I was told I had to drive my truck hard and everyday in order to prevent the problem from occurring again. In March 2010 brought my truck to monaco Ford, the motor had to be removed due to "all of the gaskets and seals in the motor leaking, as well as the turbo charger being bad again. This occurred at 24,500 miles. The side walls of my tires are peeling, the running board on the drivers side is falling off, and the body side molding is coming off and now at 26,000 miles the air position selector for the climate control system is not working. If I put it in a position for venting or for front and floor I just blows through the defrost vents. Obviously the warranty has passed with the exception of the motor and I have 26,500 miles on this truck.

- North Franklin, CT, USA