2.5

2008 Ford F-250 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-250:

2008 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Jan 062014

F-250

Vehicle had been driving it but it was parked for about 25 minutes, with nothing running or keys in the ignition. Came out side to the smell of smoke and the engine compartment bust into flames. Fire investigator said that the fire was electrical that started on the passenger side of the engine. Truck was a total loss as fire spread along drivetrain to gas tank. Fire department was able to keep gas tank from exploding.

- Norton Shores, MI, USA

Aug 122014

F-250 8-cyl

When I bought my Ford F250 back in 2008 I have had constant problems with the truck as I would be going down the highway the truck would lose power and I would press the gas pedal and the truck would only do around 40mph. A few weeks ago I drove from Chicago up to green bay wi and then back going there about half way the truck was ok the other half way up there and back the Chicago the truck was not shifting it felt like it was towing a trailer when it was not my foot was on the floor all the way and I was only doing 40mph on a 60+mph highway which I had truckers almost coming in contact with my truck. My truck has been in the shop over a dozen times and Ford does not have a clue what is wrong with the truck because there computers show nothing wrong when there service tech drove the truck and said there is a problem with it but they our unsure. The last time my Ford dealer stated that it might be a catalytic converter. I have contacted Ford Motor Company about this issue and they did not want to work with me on fixing the truck only offering 20% off of the cost to fix the catalytic converter and they are not sure that this will fix the issues I have been having I am not the only person having this problem with my truck I talked to a few other Ford truck owners and they have the same problem.

- Chicago , IL, USA

Sep 042012

F-250 8-cyl

A week after I bought the truck the transmission went out then its had countless electrical problems its been to 2 Ford dealers it was at one for 7 months and the other for 3 and a Chevy dealer noone can fix my truck its had 3 transmissions put in it 1000S of dollars later and I haven't been able to drive my truck in 2 and a half years Ford is unwilling to do anything with it. They cant find the problem and give up and tell me to come get the truck I still owe15 000 on the truck.

- Paris, TX, USA