2.3

2008 Ford F-250 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-250:

2008 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Oct 102014

F-250

The wires supplying power to the high pressure oil pump frayed. This was caused by the wires not being properly protected by Ford (according to the Ford dealership). Once the short in the wire occurred, my truck immediately shut off in the middle of the highway. I was going 65 mph and luckily no one was behind me. Otherwise I would have been in a serious accident since my truck was shut down in the middle of the road.

- Taylor, TX, USA

Sep 042012

F-250 8-cyl

A week after I bought the truck the transmission went out then its had countless electrical problems its been to 2 Ford dealers it was at one for 7 months and the other for 3 and a Chevy dealer noone can fix my truck its had 3 transmissions put in it 1000S of dollars later and I haven't been able to drive my truck in 2 and a half years Ford is unwilling to do anything with it. They cant find the problem and give up and tell me to come get the truck I still owe15 000 on the truck.

- Paris, TX, USA

Aug 212013

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

I was driving our 2008 F-250 2wd an as I applied the brakes to turn, lost power steering and brakes. This had occurred a few times before but I could not identify the problem. The problem was intermittent and although a near serious accident occurred, no problem could be found. I was planning to take it to a local dealer over the weekend. The next day I was pulling into my driveway and the truck engine died and would not start. We had it towed to the dealer for a diagnosis. It was discovered that the high pressure fuel pump cover gasket which includes a wiring harness needs replaced due to wire abrasion and a shorted wire. In addition, the cab of the truck will need to be removed to correct the problem. I understand that the replacement part has been re-engineered to include a guard to protect the wire from abrasion. From internet research I have found several similar instances, with some vehicles losing power while in motion. This is extremely dangerous. The dealer acknowledged that this is a recurring issue with this model of truck and they have made several similar repairs. As a safety professional for over 30 years, this is very unnerving to say the least. Highway crashes occur far too often due to human error without having known manufacturer defects adding to the problem. When a trusted manufacturer discovers an engineering issue but fails to inform owners or correct the problem, this adds unnecessary danger for unsuspecting motorists, our families and the public. I trust that this will be investigated fully.

- Goliad, TX, USA

Jun 152010

F-250

2008 Ford F250 - alternator went up on truck after 41,690 miles, this also burned up the battery, now the starter has gone up in the truck. Got the truck started to take home, truck died. There is no power, lights anything at all. Truck has been out of service for almost 2 weeks.

- Aberdeen, MD, USA

Jan 132009

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-250. While driving approximately 55 mph, the vehicle lost all power, brake, and steering ability. The dealer replaced the power steering pump at the contact's expense. The dealer stated that they were aware of the failures, but could not provide a remedy. The failure has occurred intermittently approximately 100 times. The failure mileage was 300 and current mileage was 60,000. Updated 06/08/09 the consumer stated the vehicle now has a power steering fluid leak. Updated 06/18/09.

- Lyons, OR, USA

Jul 172007

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-250. While driving 70 mph, the vehicle decelerated to 40 mph within five seconds, without the brakes being applied. The dealer stated that there was a loose connection in the electrical system and they re-secured the connection. Approximately three weeks later, the failure recurred. The dealer stated that the apc sensor was faulty and the accelerator pedal should be replaced. They replaced the accelerator pedal, however, the contact does not know if the apc sensor was replaced. Approximately three weeks later, the failure recurred. As of September 26, 2007, the dealer had not corrected the failure. The failure mileage was 2,310 and current mileage was 7,545.

- Clayton, TX, USA