2008 Ford F-250 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-250:

2008 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Aug 012014

F-250 8-cyl

The driver and passenger seat belts come unlatched without being touched in any way. Sometimes the seat belts won't even latch. This is a safety issue. The faulty seat belts are unreliable to protect my family.

- Bountiful, UT, USA

Apr 162013

F-250 8-cyl

Driver and passenger seatbelts will come unfastened/ unbuckled on their own.

- Rossville, GA, USA

Feb 092008

F-250 4WD Diesel

My husband and I just bought a new 2008 Ford F-250 crew cab pickup. When I was installing the car seat, after we got home, I noticed that it doesn't have any lower anchors for the latch system. I did notice the upper tethers when we were looking at the vehicle before we bought it, so I figured it would have the lower anchors. Why isn't there any lower anchors, that is part of the latch system. Also, the middle seat belt in the back seat is not a retractable one, but the front passenger seat is. That does not make sense, you are not to have a child in the front seat, especially when you have a back seat. Putting your child in the middle of the back seat is the safest place for them and there is not even a retractable seat belt or lower anchors for a car seat there. Is Ford trying to cut corners on safety? if I would have noticed that I would have thought twice before purchasing the vehicle. I thought that it was standard for all new vehicles to have the latch system. I realize that it is a heavy duty pick up but that doesn't mean that kids won't ride in them. They still need the proper safety seat options that the light duty pickups and cars do.

- Bancroft, NE, USA