2009 Ford F-250 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford F-250:

2009 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Apr 162011

Engine fire in my 2009 F250. I was driving along and started to see smoke and went to stop and pull over. When I went to apply the brakes they were hard to push and barely stopped the vehicle. The back tire locked up and skidded on the grass, but the front tire did nothing evident. There were burning flames dropping down from the firewall on the ground as we exited the vehicle. My insurance company is investigating a cause, but the fire chief could not determine anything. The only failure I had in the truck was the brakes and smoke. My wife and I had 4 kids in the truck with us and got out just on time.

- Hamersville, OH, USA

Jul 152009

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F250. While driving approximately 60 mph, the engine power suddenly became extremely low with no prior warning. The contact noticed white and blue smoke emitting from the exhaust pipe. The failure occurred spontaneously when driving at various speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on 16 times for the failure. The technicians were unable to determine the cause of failure. The failure mileage was approximately 5,000.

- Statesville, NC, USA