2011 Ford F-250 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-250:

2011 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Aug 282016

The truck went to limp mode for 3 sec then shut off. My son was driving and it shut of on a busy 4 lane road with nowhere to go, no power steering, brakes, no motor nothing. Let it be known and I am coping this letter. This could be very hazardous even deadly. I hope something is done before it kills someone or multiple people. The vehicle was in motion when it happend.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Dec 122015

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-250. The contact stated that while the vehicle parked and on for approximately 15 minutes, there was an abnormal popping noise and the vehicle immediately began to roll away into a frozen lake. The vehicle went through the ice and began sinking. The contact stated that the vehicle was towed from the scene and taken to an independent mechanic where the contact was awaiting inspection to determine the cause of the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 82,000.

- Chinook, MT, USA

May 152014

F-250 4WD 8-cyl

Driving through my neighborhood at approximately 30mph. Less than a mile from my house, vehicle displays warning to stop vehicle safely. I began to turn into a driveway so that I could turn around and head back home and the vehicle shut down. My truck was now blocking the roadway and a person's driveway at the only entrance to the subdivision during the morning commute hours. I shut the truck off, and tried to re-start it, but it would not re-start. The vehicle would not shift into neutral so that I could push it out of the roadway. I had to call a tow truck to haul the vehicle to the dealership. The dealership said it was a faulty sensor. (this was the second indecent for me involving a faulty engine sensor.) I have spent more that $300 fixing sensors that should not fail. Leaving me stranded in the middle of a roadway, blocking traffic. I am just thankful it was in a subdivision and not on a highway.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Apr 012012

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-250 sd. The contact stated that while traveling 66 mph, the vehicle shook violently and there was loss of acceleration power. The vehicle was able to be driven to the contact's residence and was later taken to an authorized dealer where the failure could not be duplicated. Later while traveling 35 mph, the vehicle began to wobble uncontrollably, causing the vehicle to veer to the left abnormally. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired however, the failure recurred several times. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was 4,000 and the current mileage was 59,306.

- Hyattsville, MD, USA

Jan 102011

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-250. The contact stated that he shifted into drive from reverse and the vehicle continued to drive in reverse. The contact shut the vehicle off and it operated as normal upon restart. The failure recurred approximately one year later and the contact crashed into a mailbox. No injuries were reported. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle would intermittently begin accelerating from stops in fifth gear when the vehicle was supposed to be in first gear. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and they were unable to diagnose the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 1,700.

- Friendsville, TN, USA

Aug 072011

F-250 8-cyl

While driving downhill on a road in nh, at approximately 60 mph, my automatic transmission suddenly down shifted from 6th gear to 4th gear and then within 2 seconds then downshifted to 2nd gear causing sudden and swift reduction in speed. No engine warning lights were displayed. Roads were dry and no one was immediately behind me. I brought it to the dealer and they said they downloaded the most current patches for my transmission software. About 2 weeks later (8/27/11) the same thing happened. Again, going downhill about 60 mph, automatic downshift from 6th to 4th to 2nd with no warning. No engine warning lights were displayed this time either. Dealer is reluctantly looking at it again, hopefully this week. They wanted to look at it next week, but I fear for my safety and the safety of my family. This strikes me as an accident waiting to happen. They said there were no bulletins for my transmission. They wanted it to happen again so I could be more specific about whether or not I was accelerating or not. I did not feel they were taking it seriously enough, so I had to escalate the service manager's decision to have it looked at more quickly. I am even more reluctant to drive it in inclement weather, even rain.

- Beverly, MA, USA

Oct 012010

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-250. While attempting to merge onto the interstate the vehicle hesitated and the gear would not shift into second or third gear causing the transmission to shift with greater force, and the rear wheels to lock. The vehicle was taken to the dealer numerous times for the failure. The dealers diagnostic test indicated that the transmission was sending incorrect signals. The transmission computer was reprogrammed several times. The failure was not corrected and the vehicle continued to hesitate while attempting to shift gears. The manufacturer filed a report. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 200 and the current mileage was 9,500.

- Rome , GA, USA