2011 Ford F-250 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford F-250:

2011 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Sep 032016

F-250

Driving on freeway at 65 mph motor shut down. After taking it to the shop I was informed that the fuel pump had failed. I was told by the service writher that a number of the fuel pumps has failed on trucks like mine. Cost to fix $8,400!!!

- Pismo Beach, CA, USA

Jun 122016

F-250

My vehicle has experienced no power while accelerating onto a state highway. Acceleration was extremely slow and created a dangerous situation in which the vehicle had to be pulled over on the shoulder immediately to move out of the way of traffic, which was very far away when I initial pulled out on the highway. This occurred multiple times and at random. The vehicle could only reach 40 mph on flat highway and while driving on mountain roads, this would decrease to a maximum speed of 20 mph. This would create a significantly dangerous situation if on was crossing an intersection with oncoming traffic. And

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jan 092016

F-250

My 2011 F-250 diesel wouldn't start 2 weeks ago and after having it towed found it to be the H.P.F.P had torn itself apart and put metal shavings in the entire fuel system. It was stationary at the time but I believe it was out of sheer luck that I wasn't on the interstate. This is a recurring problem that this year and model have, but Ford will not acknowledge it as a problem other than to put a kit together for the consumer when this happens to simplify the ordering process. This is a danger to my family and anyone else on the road if my vehicle suddenly stalls and loses all power. This is a frequent enough occurrence to warrant an investigation in my opinion for the thousands of affected Ford diesel owners.

- Kaysville, UT, USA

Dec 112015

F-250

I had a fuel pump to malfunction causing the entire fuel system to be replace on my 2011 Ford F 250 at a cost of almost $8000. This is unbelievable I contact my insurance provider and the adjuster said this if a common problem on this make and model. There has to be something wrong for type of repair to be a common thing. Who can afford to pay for a repair like with the cost this truck and insurance. Please call me at 901-949-2177 carlos fifer. My vehicle is currently at landers Ford 2082 w polplar ave., collierville tn 38017. I feel if Ford is aware of this why is there a not a recall for this to be corrected. We can't afford to pay for this kind of repair cost.

- Collierville, TN, USA

Oct 012015

F-250

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-250. The contact stated that while refueling, fuel would spew back out of the filler neck without any warnings making it extremely difficult to fill the fuel tank. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the fuel vapor canister and air filter failed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 170,000.

- Baldwinsville, NY, USA

May 182015

F-250

The contact owns a 2011 Ford F-250. While driving at 15 mph, the clamp used to secure the high pressure fuel line leading to the fuel injector fractured causing a fuel leak. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, where the fractured clamp was replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 45,000.

- Fowlerville, MI, USA

Aug 112011

F-250

After engine is warmed up, when you slow down, there is a few seconds, 3 to 5, that the truck will not speed up. This problem continues as long as you are in slow down and speed up traffic. If you are turning left the speed up time can be 3 to 8 seconds. I have carried truck back to the dealer several times with this problem. I have been told at these times that they can not duplicate what I have told them. This problem has almost caused a accident several, several times. I have explained to the service manager several times about this problem and there is steel no fix for this problem. I believe that if this problem is not fixed that I will be in a accident.

- Molena, GA, USA

Aug 252014

F-250 4WD 8-cyl

Started engine and put vehicle in drive. Engine accelerated to max rpms and vehicle ran into a tree approx. 20 feet in front of vehicle. Engine continued to run at wot until I turned ignition off.

- Walkertown, NC, USA

May 012012

F-250

Fuel system failed, filter housing split open before service interval, diesel fuel sprayed over entire engine, no fire but it could have caught on fire.

- Moon Township, PA, USA