2012 Ford F-250 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-250:

2012 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Oct 242015

The vehicle's engine will stall (cut off) without any indication or notice during motion or at a stop. This has happened at city speeds (less than 25 mph) and at highway speeds (greater than 55 mph) the vehicle will not immediately start but may start after standing for some time. This causes power steering, power brakes and other important safety features to be degraded or lost.

- Romney, WV, USA

Jun 062014

We went to slow down and the brakes didn't feel right and wasn't stopping the truck by the time we did stop the brakes where smoking.

- Port Richey, FL, USA

May 162014

We came to a red light and the brakes failed to stop we had to put the truck to a sudden stop by using the trailer switch. We called the dealer but they said they couldn't help so we had to make the repairs on a back road we could not find any company willing to tow truck and trailer so we got a ride to a parts store and got the parts oem brake pads and calipers, problem is the truck is showing signs of same issue with 130 miles on repair.

- Port Richey, FL, USA

Jun 042012

When driving down the road and I start to brake the vehicle my foot travels half the distance to the floor before the brakes engage and start to stop vehicle. This happens on highway and residential driving. Made my concerns known to Ford dealer but I get a printout of how "new" brakes work. When I made it clear to avoid accidents I had to pump brakes in order to engage brakes to stop vehicle, dealer again indicates that is the way it is to work. Had dealer service representative climbed into truck and depress brakes while vehicle was stopped with transmission in parked and declared "no problems" and "brakes worked as it should". when I agian mention it only happens when driving or vehicle in motion, dealer again advises this is the new booster. I have repeatedly mention that the brakes or booster are defective I get no reponse from dealer. Request NHTSA investigate the problems with the brakes. I have avoided accidents by pumping brake pedal to engage brakes sooner.

- Winchester, VA, USA

Feb 092013

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

I drove thru 12" of snow on my road to my home. The brake pedal went to the floor and I had no braking power at all. I checked if there was any leaks and there were none. The temp was about 20 degrees at this time. I waited until the next day when the temp was at 30 degrees and tried the brakes again and they were at full strength. I called dealer and was told they never heard of problem before. I called Ford cust care dept and described what happened. They told me that they would need to duplicate the brake issue to repair it.. at this point neither dealer or Ford is willing to drill down to find out what had happened. I do not feel safe in this vehicle at this time.

- North Falmouth , MA, USA