2.3

2012 Ford F-250 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-250:

2012 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Nov 212016

F-250

I got on the highway and was doing a turnaround when I accelerated to enter the highway lanes a warning light that said reduced engine power appeared on my dash. Approximately 200' later my truck died on the highway. My high pressure fuel pump went out and apparently disintegrated sending aluminum shavings throughout my entire fuel system. The fix is to replace the entire fuel system at a cost of $11,200. The Ford company is claiming the fuel was contaminated and caused the pump to rust and go out. I have never got a water in fuel warning light on my truck and have had all the required maintenance done on the truck. The insurance company had a lab do a sample of the fuel in my truck and the fuel met all the astm requirements.

- Bulverde, TX, USA

Oct 152014

F-250

We were driving in the left lane of four lane highway (two lanes each way) when the sensor warning came on saying stop safely soon. My husband started to move to the right. The traffic was very light. Before we could get into the right lane the truck died. Had we been in heavy traffic we would have been stalled in the highway. I am reporting this out of concern for other diesel truck drivers. Ford dealer said cause was bad exhaust gas temperature egt sensor and we paid over $1000 to have all 4 sensors replaced. This has caused us to lose faith in our truck and we traded it in for a newer model.

- Aubrey, TX, USA

May 082014

F-250

The contact owns a 2012 Ford F-250. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, the vehicle stalled and the steering wheel became difficult to maneuver. There were no warning lights that illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was merged to the side of the road where the contact noticed that diesel fluid was pouring out from under the hood. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the high pressure fuel pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 21,799 and the current mileage was 22,000.

- Oakland, CA, USA