2012 Ford F-250 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford F-250:

2012 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

Feb 122014

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

Red fluid found on garage floor. I took my truck in and Ford could not find any leak. Within a week later I took it back and showed them where it was leaking. Ford brought the master mechanic over and they determined that it was something loose on the right side up high they did not tell me what it was. Within a couple of weeks I took it back again and they determined the water pump was leaking they had the truck for 3 days. After picking up my truck within 200 feet from the Ford dealer the low power illuminated and the engine symbol lit up. They 1st told me they would have to take the top of the engine off to check it out. A hour passed and I got called and told it was the diesel fuel was gelling up and they would have to put a additive in the fuel and that I should add it again every other tank of fuel.

- Elba, AL, USA

Dec 202013

F-250 8-cyl Diesel

I was safely operating my Ford F 250 on a concrete bridge in pine island Florida. I was traveling @ 63 mph and was making a slight left bend. The truck crossed an expansion joint and went into uncontrollable violent oscillation of suspension and steering. The oscillation was such that the steering wheel was difficult to hold on to and my first thought was multiple flat tires or a wheel came off the vehicle. Hard braking to under 30 mph was what was required to stabilize steering to "normal". that was the first time this occurred and I discussed with my service adviser at the Ford dealership that I purchased the truck from. I inspected vehicle and could see no damage of obvious problems. I monitor tire pressure regularly, have no modifications to suspension or steering on vehicle. The next time this occurred 12/26/13, I was traveling approx. 65 mph and again was in a slight left hand turn and crossed an expansion joint near birmingham Alabama on highway 65. I was surrounded by dense 65 mph traffic and the truck was uncontrollable. This time there was a near accident as I has a semi tractor trailer both close behind me and to the right side of me. Once again I had to brake rapidly to avoid crossing lanes putting my family at risk of serious accident. This is a hazardous condition and the dealer has no explanation. The force is violent enough that it could easily damage parts of the truck. As a side note, the fuel pump came apart and slung metal fragments throughout the fuel system in truck within one hour of the violent oscillation.

- Apalachicola, FL, USA