2013 Ford F-250 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford F-250:

2013 Ford F-250 Owner Comments

May 022016

At approximately 44,000 miles the radiator developed a leak. Warranty on this item I was told expired at 36,000 and it will not be covered.

- Little Suamico, WI, USA

Feb 032015

F-250 4WD 8-cyl

This is the second time that this issue has happened. The first occasion was on 1-22-15 while driving 40 mph, message center alert notified that a emissions fault had occurred and vehicle will be put into emergency mode and speed will be limited to 50 mph within 50 miles. I immediately took the truck to the dealer and was notified that there was a problem with the def system. At the same time, I was informed that an update was needed (14E03 program update). This was a fuel system calibration. All work was completed with no explanation. I left and the truck seemed fine with no messages. The second issue happened on 2-3-15 O.D. reading 57393. I was driving 75 mph on IH10 when the message center notified me that a emissions system error had occurred and the vehicle speed is now limited to 50 mph. As a result, the truck began to immediately slow to 50 mph. I looked in my rearview mirror and notice a semi-truck closing from behind at 70-75 mph. We were both in the right hand lane and another car was next to the truck in the passing lane. The truck had no way to move over and avoid me. As they approached me, I had to move right to the shoulder to try to get out of the way of the pending disaster. The semi-truck started to jackknife and barely missed me. The other car had to move over into the median. This was horrible and potentially deadly. I took the truck to the dealer and their report states that a nox module failed and had to be replaced. This is a safety issue... not an emissions issue. How stupid can you possibly be to put a possible emissions problem in front of all of the human lives at stake. In addition, there seems to be several emissions sensors that can fail that will shut the truck down immediately. This is totally unacceptable and should be corrected. Ford admitted that they override this limitation for ambulances. Either the truck is safe or it's not.

- Boerne, TX, USA