1998 Ford F-350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford F-350:

1998 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Dec 092002

F-350 6-cyl

I currently have a 1998 Ford F150 4.2L engine that has 65000 miles and am experiencing head gasket failure. Ford moco stats there is no tsp's or recalls reguarding this. I pulled the owners notification 98B33 off your web site. My engine build date is Nov 1997 at the essex plant. I am in the army and am stationed in germany. The dealership here quoted me $2500 for the estimate. At this time they will not honor the U.S. esp purchased from the original dealer. I am currently trying to get this resolved. Ford will not give part to me at no cost to fix there defective head gaskets and lower intake manidols gaskets and engine front cover gaskets. They are giving me the run around and can't get me straight answers. I am continuing working with my dealership. I am afraid they will sit on this until my warranty runs out on the 22 January 2003.

- Apo, NY, USA