1998 Ford F-350 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Ford F-350:

1998 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

May 042010

We sold a customer some 35-13.50-20 mickey thompson atz tires back in 2007 customer brought back the tires in may of 2010 for cracking around the sidewall and lugs contacted mickey thompson about this problem and that received a rga but was not told where to send them called repeatedly but with no answer. This same tire was recalled in 2006 for having the exact same problem was told that the customer would have to pay to ship them back to mickey and if they were in fact defective they would issue a prorated warranty on them if not we would have to pay to ship them back also I do have photos of the cracking all four tire are doing the exact same thing.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Mar 032009

I have had 3 tire failures due to valve stem failure. All three times we were going down the freeway and had sudden loss of air pressure. This resulted in replacing two tires on 2 vehicles and replacing stems on the remaining 6 tires. Both vehicles had new tires put on about the same time at the same dealer. (April 2007) I understand from consumer report that there is a recall on dill valve stems. I am trying to determine if these stems were part of that recall.

- Ringgold , GA, USA

Mar 152003

This case involves Continental tires that fail suddenly (unexpected blowouts), and destabilize the vehicle. This is the 2nd very similar failure I've had with these oem tires, they failed similarly by rupture and tread separation, with the ruptured and failed steel belts clearly visible under the separated tread. I've sent the tire to Continental, they have likely put a puncture in it that did not exist when the tire was sent to them, and claimed that this puncture had caused overheating and failure. They are attempting to cover up these defects, just as they attempted to cover up the defects in the first tire that failed. See a copy of the letter below that I sent to them recently. Please contact me jack borninski, 214.632.3428, patricia hinkley Continental tire North America, Inc., charlotte, nc 28273 ref: Claim #: 3076002 via certified mail: 7001 1140 0003 7558 2356 dear Ms. Hinkley, I have received your 4-9-03 letter, in which you deny my 3-28-03 claim for vehicle and tire damage due to your defective tire product.: 1.this is a notice to you not to destroy, discard, alter, or conceal in any other way my tire, dot number A308443198, which is the subject of this claim and which I sent to you on 3-28-03 via ups. This tire is the subject of the impending litigation. Please note substantial penalties for destroying or disposing of evidence in a impending legal action, once the notice has been given to you via this letter. I demand that you promptly return to me this tire A308443198, and that you identify in writing all the alterations you have already made to this tire. 2.the tire in the picture you sent to me with your 4-9-03 letter is clearly not my tire that is the subject of this claim, and that I sent to you on 3-28-03. 3.there were no punctures of any kind in the failed tire, dot number A308443198, I sent to you on 3-28-03 for this claim. The condition and appearance of this tire has been extensively documented and witnessed before it was sent to you.

- Wilmer, TX, USA

Jul 122001

Right rear dual tire blowout and tread separation at 40 mph, resulting in approx $300 damage to underside of rv. (tiresize: LT225 R16E)

- Orlando, FL, USA

Oct 011998

New tires first year of use - just shredded while driving - didnt go flat - just exploded and were unable to be repaired. (tiresize: 225/75R16)( dot number: Tire size: 225/75R16 )

- Altamonte, FL, USA