8.0

1. replace door actuators (1 reports)
1999 Ford F-350 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford F-350:

1999 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Sep 172008

F-350 Lariat, Leather 7.2L Diesel

3 door actuators went out in my Ford which had very low miles (My '99 still has under 90k and it is 1/22/14). With low miles it is driven only for an occasional hauling need and for camping with a camper so the amount of door locking and unlocking is minimal. With these locks, I had purchased the 3 actuators from the dealer and recall them to have cost around $85 each. After some time went by, I finally decided to let them replace the old ones with the ones I had previously purchased because I didn't want to break any tabs on the inner door panels; the labor was another $150 or so.

Since then, I have gone on-line and found info that showed how to remove the door panels for speakers that I blew so I now know how easy it is.

I have a fourth door actuator out that has been out over a year (it is a back door so I don't have to deal with it much). I found the actuator can be ordered through a local auto parts store locally for around $35 so when I find time I'll do this myself.

Somewhat disappointed at how soon some parts go out on a rig not used often.

- , Kennewick, WA, USA