8.0

1999 Ford F-350 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Ford F-350:

1999 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Sep 212003

F-350

I bought a 1999 f350 4x4 xlt power stroke auto trans. from a friend with 35.000 miles on it the truck was never worked until I got it. I used it to tow a 7000 lbs bobcat and trailer only about 2 days a week when my dump truck was not needed. I always used amsoil for all fluids. At 60.000 the tourqe converter started to become noisey so I took it to ford and they told me it was not a problem. at 70.000 I replaced the converter and seal myself because nothing that noisey could be right in spite of what the experts told me and all was Quiet. super duty is not a term I would use for these trucks. they look super but are quite wimpy.

- , Orlando, FL, USA