2001 Ford F-350 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford F-350:

2001 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Jan 012005

F-350 XLT 7.3L

The wheel wells of the bed literally rotted from the inside outward. Now that it has happened to me, I look and see that almost every truck from this vintage (1999 - 2004) it is occurring to. The one that aren't rotted I am assuming have been repaired. I showed my body man and he thinks that the seam sealer that is used between the inner bed and the outer fender is what failed, allowing moisture to get between the two panels. To make matters worse, it appears there is a layer of foam between the two panels apparently for sound proofing that absorbed the moisture and held it there allowing it plenty of time to rot the wheel wells.

I cannot believe that there are no other complaints of this kind on this website, I see trucks in the exact same condition as mine every day.

- , Peterborough, NH, USA