7.0

1. change rear end (1 reports)
  2. slip clutches need to be replaced in the differential (1 reports)
2004 Ford F-350 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford F-350:

2004 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Jan 032007

F-350 XLT Lariat 6.0

Vibration in rear end when turning.......................

Had truck in about 5 times before they finally fixed the problem. They kept telling me that they couldn't duplicate the problem. They shimmed the driveline for $350, made the problem worse (I wonder if they even testdrove it before I picked it up).

I had to take my 10,000 lb boat down to the dealership to prove that the vibration was happening. Finally fixed the problem, now its starting to come back after only 7,000 miles.

- , Oregon City, OR, USA

Aug 012004

F-350 Lariat

Bought brand new Ford F-350 for $35,800. Three weeks later noticed a vibration when making turns at slow speeds. Brought it to dealership. They told me that the wrong type of oil was put in the rear end. Picked it up from delership two days later, truck still has vibration. The sevice department told me to drive it for 1,000 miles if problem is still there to bring it back.

- , Pierre Part, La., USA