2007 Ford F-350 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-350:

2007 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Jun 132015

F-350

There is an issue that is known to the Ford Motor Company involving this type of vehicle which is severe steering wheel and front wheel vibrations. I have received at least two letters from Ford concerning this issue. The one I have before me is listed as literature program 09L02. It states that Ford and NHTSA are studying the issue. Unfortunately that does little good for me as my vehicle is basically an accident waiting to happen. The severe steering wheel and front wheel vibrations render the vehicle unsafe to drive as they (the severe steering wheel and front wheel vibrations) happen with no provocation at times and the vibrations become so violent that keeping control of the steering wheel is extremely difficult, additionally controlling the vehicle is impossible. I have had the severe steering wheel and front wheel vibrations occur at speeds from @20mph to 55mph.

- Buffalo, MO, USA

Jan 022016

F-350

Was driving 60mph on interstate when I had a dip in the road and the truck wobbled and shimmied so I had to reduce speed to get it back under control. Tire presser was correct.

- Castle Creek, NY, USA

Feb 222014

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

I was driving on and overpass/ exit ramp and passed over a steel divider on the highway. Upon doing so I temporarily lost control of the steering on the truck and had to decelerate and move towards the shoulder. I received an information bulletin from Ford about this potential "steering wobble" and made sure to check out all of their recommendations. After doing some research online I feel as though this is a major issue and Ford should be doing something before more people are injured or killed. There are several online forums addressing this issue and it seems as though Ford is not being held responsible.

- Manchester, MD, USA

Oct 092011

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

The contact owns a 2007 Ford F350. While driving 45 mph, the steering wheel seized, causing her to lose control of the vehicle and crash into a wall. The contact sustained a concussion to the head. A passenger sustained whiplash. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer was notified of the failure nor was the vehicle inspected or repaired. The current and failure mileages were 58,000. Updated 11/04/11 the consumer stated the steering wheel was free spinning. The gear box was defective. Updated 11/14/11

- Kaawa, HI, USA

Aug 192008

F-350 8-cyl

Anytime I pull a trailer my truck shakes really bad. It shakes moderately without a trailer. It happens constantly. I have had Ford dealer replace ball joints three times in less than thirty thousand miles. I think if I didn't get them replaced I would end up with death wobble I read about. BBB autoline(lemon law) independent inspector wrote the truck is "very dangerous".

- Florida, FL, USA

Jun 012007

F-350

The vehicle has been brought back to the dealership many many times since it was first purchased (5 times I believe for steering related problems and other times for a brake boot problem and a variety of other issues). The other problem the vehicle has had is what Ford is calling a "shimmy". they originally told us we needed new shocks because of this problem which we disputed and took it to a specialist in shock replacement who told us this was not the problem. Then they told us it was the tires (which they are contending in the form letter they sent us-that states we must maintain proper pressure to control this problem). Unfortunately, proper tire pressure seemingly has nothing to do with this problem and we continue to have the problem to which Ford's answer to us is "get new tires" (the tires have only 22,000 miles on them, they are the tires Ford put on the vehicle when we bought it and they, of course, are not a warranty item). All in all, the truck has had many issues, some of which have been fixed repeatedly only to appear again in the same or similar way.

- Midvale, UT, USA