2.3

2007 Ford F-350 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford F-350:

2007 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Jun 132015

F-350

There is an issue that is known to the Ford Motor Company involving this type of vehicle which is severe steering wheel and front wheel vibrations. I have received at least two letters from Ford concerning this issue. The one I have before me is listed as literature program 09L02. It states that Ford and NHTSA are studying the issue. Unfortunately that does little good for me as my vehicle is basically an accident waiting to happen. The severe steering wheel and front wheel vibrations render the vehicle unsafe to drive as they (the severe steering wheel and front wheel vibrations) happen with no provocation at times and the vibrations become so violent that keeping control of the steering wheel is extremely difficult, additionally controlling the vehicle is impossible. I have had the severe steering wheel and front wheel vibrations occur at speeds from @20mph to 55mph.

- Buffalo, MO, USA

Feb 222014

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

I was driving on and overpass/ exit ramp and passed over a steel divider on the highway. Upon doing so I temporarily lost control of the steering on the truck and had to decelerate and move towards the shoulder. I received an information bulletin from Ford about this potential "steering wobble" and made sure to check out all of their recommendations. After doing some research online I feel as though this is a major issue and Ford should be doing something before more people are injured or killed. There are several online forums addressing this issue and it seems as though Ford is not being held responsible.

- Manchester, MD, USA

Aug 012006

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

I just recieved a letter from Ford (literature program 09L02) talking about the shimmy condition on Ford trucks. They say to correct your tire pressure. I have my tire pressure set by the local dealer on a regular basis and believe me that does absolutely nothing to prevent this shimmy problem. At 40 to 60 mph it can actually throw the truck sideways. This letter (09L02) to me is just a cover up of a real problem. This problem has been there since new.

- Shakopee, MN, USA

Jun 012007

F-350

The vehicle has been brought back to the dealership many many times since it was first purchased (5 times I believe for steering related problems and other times for a brake boot problem and a variety of other issues). The other problem the vehicle has had is what Ford is calling a "shimmy". they originally told us we needed new shocks because of this problem which we disputed and took it to a specialist in shock replacement who told us this was not the problem. Then they told us it was the tires (which they are contending in the form letter they sent us-that states we must maintain proper pressure to control this problem). Unfortunately, proper tire pressure seemingly has nothing to do with this problem and we continue to have the problem to which Ford's answer to us is "get new tires" (the tires have only 22,000 miles on them, they are the tires Ford put on the vehicle when we bought it and they, of course, are not a warranty item). All in all, the truck has had many issues, some of which have been fixed repeatedly only to appear again in the same or similar way.

- Midvale, UT, USA