2.2

2008 Ford F-350 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-350:

2008 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Sep 192015

F-350

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-350. While driving approximately 50 mph, the vehicle veered to the right causing the contact to almost crash into a guard rail. The contact discovered smoke entering from a passenger side wheel. The contact stated that the passenger brake disc was red from the heat and emitted smoke. The contact also stated that the same failure occurred six times on different wheels. The contact had to wait for the wheels to cool down in order for the vehicle to return to normal. The vehicle was driven to the dealer six times and they were not able to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact mentioned that the brake system was repaired four times. The approximate failure mileage was 35,000.

- Freedom, NH, USA

May 222015

F-350

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-350. While driving approximately 60 mph, the steering and braking ability seized without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed by the dealer or an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 129,000.

- Wagoner, OK, USA

Sep 222014

F-350 4WD 8-cyl

I was driving on interstate 75 when the truck and steering wheel started vibrating violently, as I applied the brakes to slow the vehicle it pulled sharp to the left taking the vehicle onto the median. Once the vehicle stopped, facing in the opposite direction I got out and checked the left front wheel, it was too hot to touch. I let it cool and then proceeded to the nearest exit. I had the left front wheel inspected, but no problem was discovered. I continued on my trip from Tennessee to Florida. On the return trip the problem happened three times, each time I stopped and let the wheel cool before continuing. I researched this problem on the internet and found that several other individuals have experienced the same problem. I believe the ntsb should require Ford Motor Company to recall these vehicles and correct the problem before someone is injured or killed. There is sufficient documentation on the internet to justify the ntsb taking action.

- Jamestown, TN, USA

Apr 292014

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

I was driving at 20 mph when the power steering did not work, I went to brake and it didn't brake for at least 20 ft. Good thing no one was in front of me. I took it home and now is not drivable, I called Ford several times and they said they can not do anything for me.I have a $48,000 lemon rotting in my driveway.

- Westport, CT, USA

Jun 202012

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

I was slowing down to make a left hand turn and I completely lost the ability to steer. I could not budge the wheel at all. My brakes still worked, but it didn't feel 100%. it has happened at least 10-15 times in the last year. When it happens, I can shift the truck into neutral and rev the engine and I'll get my steering back. Also, if I shift into neutral and turn the truck off and back on again, the steering will work. The only time it happens is when I'm slowing down from highway speeds, 55+ mph. It has happened when towing also. This is my father truck, but I use it for the family business.

- West Columbia, TX, USA