2008 Ford F-350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-350:

2008 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Jan 202016

I have a 2008 Ford F350 Super Duty, , and there are many known problems on this truck that Ford is aware of and yet the refuse to fix them.. this is a very expensive truck and I am very disapointed in this truck.. a week after I got the truck the raidiator started leaking.. two days after that my power steering goes out, , now I have white smoke pouring out of the back of my truck every morning, , I am embarrassed to be seen driving this truck.. I wish I know what I know now before I forked out tons of dollers to purchase this piece of junk.. I am not happy, , and I will tell everyone I know never to buy a Ford!

- National City, CA, USA

Feb 122014

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F350. The contact stated that the manifold screws became fractured and detached from the vehicle while the contact was driving. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician diagnosed that the manifold needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. No repairs were made to the vehicle. The failure mileage was 65,000 and the current mileage was 85,000.

- Oxford, MI, USA

Mar 212014

F-350 8-cyl

Radiator leaking from both tanks replaced by/on service date: 11/08/2010 dealer or location:ray skillman Ford, Inc. 1300 South U.S. 31 greenwood, in 46143 (317) 885-9800service order #:067622miles:30545cost:$0 service: Unknown cooling service details:unknown cooling and leaking again on 03/21/2014.

- Mooresville, IN, USA

Jan 012010

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-350. The contact stated that the engine overheated while driving at various speeds. Upon inspection, it was found that there was a coolant leak. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic where it was found that the radiator needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred twice. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 36,000.

- Tuscola, TX, USA

Aug 232013

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

Customer satisfaction program 08B06 was issued by Ford in December 2008. This notice expired in June 30, 2009. I recently purchased the vehicle within the last year. The same issue has developed that was identified in the above bulletin. The previous owner did not get the service performed and now Ford will not honor the bulletin. This issue should be a recall issue or the Ford customer satisfaction bulletin should be reopened or recreated. This is with regards to engine coolant leak and a known deficiency within the cooling system.

- Shiloh, NJ, USA

Aug 232013

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

Failure of flexible joint in the exhaust up-pipe creates a fatal safety hazard for all occupants of the vehicle. Exhaust gases leak from the failed joint and enter the cab of the truck through the heater vents. This can cause the occupants to be overcome by exhaust gases while driving, leading to a fatality. There have been several complaints identified in Ford blogs with regards to this and nothing has been done to correct this.

- Shiloh, NJ, USA

Nov 032012

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

Ford F350 with 6.4L diesel had check engine light (cel) illuminate while driving. Engine immediately slowed to idle (800rpm) and would not respond to throttle inputs. Was not able to clear roadway and blocked traffic on busy urban road. Dealer was "not able to find anything wrong", yet "performed calibration update on PCM". I was informed "this needs to be done as vehicle ages and sensors wear." Reviewed owners manual and did not located maintenance interval for "calibration updates to PCM." I am certain this is an inherent PCM software code error leading to complete loss of engine operation. A dangerous situation on congested roadways.

- Hurley, WI, USA

May 022009

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

Leased Ford 350 truck on 10/23/08. Noticed strange smell in the cab when idling or when heater or air conditioner was running. Took the vehicle into sunrise Ford dealership 8 times for this same issue and was not ever fixed until 9th time and they replaced manifold gasket. So all the while inhaling carbon monoxide poison. Needless to say only after 6 months of getting my Ford 350 I got a heart attack and had to get an operation on my heart. Then again July 4th 2011 had heart attack and had to get another operation on my heart; at first did not see the correlation until my spouse rode in the truck: Eyes burned, migraine headache, and passed out when returned home and tasted exhaust the next day. That was the point that we alerted Ford and the dealership to fix the problem and finally on June 12th 2012 the sunrise dealership finally fixed the truck. The damage to my heart is irreversible and I am on constant medication. I need to be recompensed for this gross negligence from Ford and it affiliates because I am sole provider of 8 children an a veteran who served this country.

- Yucaipa, CA, USA