2008 Ford F-350 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Ford F-350:

2008 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Oct 102015

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-350. The contact stated that while driving over 40 mph, the vehicle wobbled and violently vibrated without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer on multiple occasions; however, the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Danbury, CT, USA

Jan 152015

The contact owns a 2008 Ford F-350. While driving 65 mph over a pothole, the vehicle began to vibrate violently. The failure recurred on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, where the track bar ball joint was replaced. The failure persisted. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 22,000. Updated 03/24/15

- Boyds, MD, USA

Oct 132012

F-350 10-cyl

Upon inspection of this vehicle, our mechanic found the automatic dipstick tube rusted in half on the right side of the engine. At the bracket that bolts to the exhaust manifold. We believe this to be a potential fire /safety hazard if some one was to fill or check the transmission while the engine is hot. We also found the right side shock tower severely degraded because of rust. The top of the tower has large pieces of rust scale on top of the tower that we feel could possibly allow the coil spring pressure to fracture the steel and cause a loss of steering. I have not seen this much corrosion on a truck this new. We have taken pictures and can be E-mailed if needed. This vehicle has been removed from service until it can be repaired. This is a city of allentown, pa fleet vehicle.

- Allentown, PA, USA

Sep 142011

Vehicle shakes violently. Only way to get under control is to stop completely. This has happened numerous times. I have read on forums this is a major problem. Ford needs to recognize the problem and issue a recall. This is very dangerous.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jul 262009

I have two 2008 Ford F-350 superduty 4X4 trucks. One truck has 39000 miles and the other 61000 miles. At highway speeds, after hitting uneven road surface or bumps, they begin to shimmy and shake so bad that I have to pull over to get it to quit I have had the trucks in numerous times to fix but the problem always returns. I received notice from Ford that low tire pressure causes this but I maintain correct tire pressure in both of my trucks so I know this is not the problem. I have been researching this online and there is a company called wcmotorsports that claims to know why these trucks are doing this and the solution. Their website is their phone number is (508) 668-8638. They seem very knowledgeable about this issue. The problem is the replacement part to fix this is $825. I feel that this should be a recall issue. After looking online, many people have this problem. I have not modified these trucks in anyway and I feel that it is only a matter of time until this causes a fatality if it hasn't already.

- Pampa, TX, USA

Jul 112007

F-350 4WD 8-cyl Diesel

Two issues really: A sloppily installed valve cover gasket on the right valve cover causing fluid leakage. The second is a constant drift to the left. 2008 F-350 lariat 4X4 crewcab long bed powerstroke diesel.

- Temecula, CA, USA