2009 Ford F-350 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford F-350:

2009 Ford F-350 Owner Comments

Feb 102015

F-350 4WD 8-cyl

This keep happening to me I have taken my truck in two times and have waited there at Ford for 4-6 hours at a time. So when I am driving along and the road turns left and I hit a small pot hole my entire front left end starts bouncing like a basketball. Ford tells me it's my tires I have gotten them balanced and even new ones on the back. I have to come to very slow speed to make it stop bouncing. This usually takes place on the freeway going 65-75 miles an hour. I have almost been in 3 accidents now. I get scared driving on the freeway now because of it and now take turn much slower. This is not safe and they say nothing is wrong...........

- Magnolia , TX, USA

May 152013

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-350. The contact stated that whenever he would accelerate from a stop, the vehicle would make a loud clunking noise. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic and the manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000 and the current mileage was 53,000.

- Green Valley, AZ, USA

Jan 032014

The contact owns a 2009 Ford F-350. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, he noticed a loud noise coming from the front. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the front driver and passenger's side U-joints were replaced however, the failure recurred and caused damage to the front axle. The vehicle was taken back to the mechanic where the axle and U-joints were replaced a second time. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 116,640.

- Worcester, ME, USA

Nov 202011

F-350 8-cyl Diesel

When my truck is driven over a pothole, onto a bridge, or any change in elevation in the driving surface, the vehicle will shake violently. The shaking is so violent the vehicle must be stopped to avoid losing control. It feels as if the front end will literally come apart. This began near the end of November and has continued to get worse and happen more frequently. I have contacted Ford Motor Company and was told there is no recall and to keep records of my repairs if there ever is one. The problem is the track bar and the cost to fix this "death wobble" is approximately 1200 dollars parts and labor. I now have a 50,000 dollar truck that is not safe for my family to ride in. This problem will certainly cause fatalities if it hasn't already. I am a cdl driver and if I can't control the vehicle then I doubt anyone else can either.

- Tamassee , SC, USA