- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
- January 19: Ford Recalls Vehicles for Steering and Windshield Problems
- January 15: Ford Recalls Edge (Again): Gas Leak Could Cause Fire
- January 14: Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over MyFord Touch Complaints
- January 3: The Worst Cars and Car Problems of 2013
- December 30: Ford Recalls Lincoln MKZ Hybrid For Roll Away Risk
- December 23: The Safest Cars to Drive in 2014
2005 Ford Freestar
Worst 2005 Freestar transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure without warning62
- car jerking, running roughly3
- water in transmission fluid2
- engine revving, idling high1
- Sudden loss of power1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission376
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter32
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...7
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Freestar Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Freestar compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Freestar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Freestar.