- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 6 days ago
- April 12: Ford F-150 SuperCab Takes Top Crash Test Award news | 21 days ago
- March 31: Ford Recalls 48,000 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 33 days ago
- March 20: Ford Trucks Won't Be Recalled For Stalling Problems investigations | 44 days ago
- March 6: Judge Denies Ford's Motion to Dismiss Power Steering Lawsuit news | 58 days ago
1996 Ford Mustang
Worst 1996 Mustang engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- plastic intake manifold cracked, leaking coolant2
- cylinder miss-fire1
- engine died1
- engine dies while driving1
- smoke coming from engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine31
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Mustang Model Years
Curious how the 1996 Mustang compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Mustang overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Mustang.