- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 21 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 27 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 34 days ago
- May 17: Ford Spark Plugs Breaking? Ford Settles Class-Action Lawsuit news | 42 days ago
- May 16: Recalled Axle Repair May Not Meet U.S. Safety Agency's Own Rules news | 43 days ago
1996 Ford Mustang
Worst 1996 Mustang engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- plastic intake manifold cracked, leaking coolant2
- cylinder miss-fire1
- engine died1
- engine dies while driving1
- smoke coming from engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine31
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Mustang Model Years
Curious how the 1996 Mustang compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Mustang overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Mustang.