- January 25: Ford Fiesta and Focus Transmission Lawsuit Filed After Complaints
- January 20: Ford Trucks Investigated After Reports of Stalling Engines
- January 1: Ford Recalls Escape and Lincoln MKC SUVs
- December 18: Ford Recalls 500,000 Mustangs To Fix Exploding Airbags
- December 4: Ford Recalls Mustang Sports Cars and Transit Connect Cargo Vans
1996 Ford Mustang
Worst 1996 Mustang engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- plastic intake manifold cracked, leaking coolant2
- cylinder miss-fire1
- engine died1
- engine dies while driving1
- smoke coming from engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine31
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Mustang Model Years
Curious how the 1996 Mustang compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Mustang overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Mustang.