- January 26: Ford Recalls Ranger Trucks After Driver Killed by Airbag recalls | 13 days ago
- January 22: Ford Ranger Driver Killed by Takata Airbag in South Carolina news | 17 days ago
- January 19: Ford Focus Door Latch Problems Earn Investigation investigations | 20 days ago
- January 10: Investigation Closed Into Ford Edge 22-Inch Alloy Wheels investigations | 29 days ago
- December 29: Ford Recalls 10,000 Vehicles For Engine Problems and Fire Risk recalls | 41 days ago
1996 Ford Mustang
Worst 1996 Mustang engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- plastic intake manifold cracked, leaking coolant2
- cylinder miss-fire1
- engine died1
- engine dies while driving1
- smoke coming from engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine31
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline16
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling7
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Mustang Model Years
Curious how the 1996 Mustang compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Mustang overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Mustang.