- April 27: Ford Recalls 285,000 Cars and SUVs in 5 Recalls recalls | 5 days ago
- April 12: Ford F-150 SuperCab Takes Top Crash Test Award news | 20 days ago
- March 31: Ford Recalls 48,000 Vehicles in 3 Recalls recalls | 32 days ago
- March 20: Ford Trucks Won't Be Recalled For Stalling Problems investigations | 43 days ago
- March 6: Judge Denies Ford's Motion to Dismiss Power Steering Lawsuit news | 57 days ago
2003 Ford Taurus
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car that shifts gears & coil springs that don't shred tires. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 2003 Ford Taurus has major issues with the transmission failing. Typically the 2003 Taurus transmission failure costs $2,000 to fix by about 90k-100k miles. Not good.
Adding insult to injury, the 1999-2003 Taurus also has a huge problem with coil springs breaking which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
Worst 2003 Taurus AC / heater Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- AC / heater does not work on all settings10
- ac fan not working4
- ac compressor failure3
- fan motor makes a high pitched irritating noise1
- heater blows cold air1
- heater/ac only works when car in park or neutral1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical: Air Conditioner19
- NHTSA: Equipment: Air Conditioner3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2003 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.