5.0

2004 Ford Taurus electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Taurus:

2004 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Apr 032013

Taurus SES 3.0L V6

I bought my 2004 Ford Taurus used from a dealership with 175,000 miles. The radio did not work when I bought it. It had an aftermarket remote starter and keyless entry. I do not know if that is the cause of the radio not working or not. I have had a few different radio heads hooked up to my vehicle but nothing works. My brother owns the same vehicle and his radio works fine. I took the radio out of my car and put it into his car and it works just fine. There seems to be some kind of electrical issue that is keeping my radio from working in my car. I have read several forums regarding this issue but have not found any solutions. I have checked all of the fuses and the radio control head in the trunk. Both the radio head and control head work in my brother's car. Not sure what else is left to check.

- , Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jun 012008

Taurus SES

It would really be nice to listen to the radio when driving but when I turn my car on nothing happens - no lights on the deck, no clock, NOTHING until I start driving. Then the clock will come on about ten minutes later, then the radio will come on, but I am unable to change the station, the buttons don't work the volume doesn't work! What the hell, is my car possessed! I've complained to the dealership about this but they said they cant really fix it until it happens to them but I don't have that kind of luck because it works fine when they are around.You would think they would try and help and check the electrical anyway but I guess nothing is in it for them since it is still under warranty.

- , White City, OR, USA