- April 11: Ford Recalls 435,000 Escapes For Rusted Subframes
- March 4: Ford Agrees to Fix 1,600,000 Cars That 'Limp Home'
- February 8: Ford Wants Class-Action Lawsuit Thrown Out
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 5: Investigation Closed Into Steering Gear Problems in Ford Trucks
1999 Ford Windstar
Worst 1999 Windstar engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- check engine light on12
- stalls at idle, runs roughly4
- engine seized3
- clunking under the hood2
- not running smoothly after starting2
- blown head gasket1
- horrible gas mileage1
- oil in expansion tank1
- stalling intermittently1
- vibrating while accelerating1
- won't start1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control68
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling39
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine35
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline27
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control9
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Linkages5
- NHTSA: Engine4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cables2
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Windstar Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Windstar compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Windstar overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Windstar.