1. replace transmission, PCM, valve & sensor (35 reports)
  3. rebuild torque converter (1 reports)
2000 Honda Odyssey transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Honda Odyssey:

2000 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 282005

Odyssey EX 3.2L V6

I have had to replace the transmission in this car a total of 4 times. The first at 75,000 miles, the second 35, 000 miles later and the last one 60,000 later. All Honda wanted to do was to charge me $3500.00 and wold do nothing for me.

- , Kingwood, TX, USA

Mar 012009

Odyssey EX V6

To many times that I have heard that Honda Odyssey has a transmission problem. I guess that I have filled complaint with dealer too many times with engine light check was on, but they said it is nothing wrong about it until last week I took my car to another dealer and they said that my tranmission got a problem and it need to be replace (Quite expensive). Guess that I will not buy another Honda for my whole life (Forgot to mention, got same problem with my Honda Acura).

- , Anaheim, CA, USA

Nov 012008

Odyssey EX V6

Okay, I'm the type of driver that will buy a car, use it until the wheels fall off (i.e., until 250K miles or more). I bought a Honda minivan because I figured it would be like an Accord (we've had 2 Accords already); take care of it, and it won't die. This car is female-driven and BABIED. Tranny started slipping slightly this summer from 1st to 2nd gear. The car has 166K miles on it (barely broken in, if you know Honda!), and it'll cost 3K to fix!!! I bought it 7 years ago (used with 30K on it), assuming I could drive it for 10 years/200,000 miles. Very disappointing! I paid $24,000 for a car that just didn't hold up, in my opinion. I just traded it in for a 2007 Sienna; 'hoping for better luck with the Sienna. I'll let you know in about 7 years!!!

Also, the sliding doors on this vehicle were terrible. We had to have one side repaired two times. My beef with this is that even though this is a HUGELY common problem (and a safety matter, in my opinion), Honda made me pay for the repair (at 40,000 miles!). Honda has gotten a little arrogant in their old age.

- , Ocala, FL, USA

Dec 162008

Odyssey LX 3.2L

Ok, spent 2500 to have motor mount replaced, timing belt regular maintenance. Then a month later the check engine light comes on. ODB check says EGR valves need to be cleaned (and registration is up with a SMOG check). So $700 later plus smog and registration fees, the dealer says the trannie needs to be replaced. They first quote $3000 but, then bring it down to 1500. I then call Honda and they bring it down to $1300 but my money tree is bare! I have issued a complaint to

- , Elk Grove, CA, USA

Jan 262007

Odyssey EX 3.5 V6

Engine is perfect but without transmision it can only be a heater, not a car.

Transmission is worn out so bad that will stock the ATF flow to cool and became overheat quickly. So it will expand and became overflow like excess ATF.

And ATF became dirty so fast that the transmission became even worse. I replace ATF for 9 times now, my car still can move by Nuetral shift position on high way and travelled 11 miles to dealer's shop. Is it amazing! Hooga!! This time save my $$ for tow truck charge.

- , Wheaton, MD, USA